3rd Wave Preservation Society Ska Reissue Kickstarter II

i love the 'bats... and i even got to sing for them once when they covered "dammit" at a show i through (travis was drumming for them still) ... but theres something "it puts the lotion on its skin" about their fans wearing the costumes ;)

I don't know, I guess you have a point, but regardless, I will continue to wear this uniform until I get to fat for it. Which will likely be soon..

yeah the B. Lee one was the last one confirmed... we had a ton of offers / records being discussed.... some are gonna take a little more time.... so we wanted to get rolling... and on a lark i called mike about this one and he was down.... im beyond stoked... i used to mixtape trade with kids around the country before the net was a viable source for music, and some girl in cali sent me a tape with this on the a-side, and the return of the aquabats on the other.... that tape got burned out from constant play... i bought both records and loved them

yeah the B. Lee one was the last one confirmed... we had a ton of offers / records being discussed.... some are gonna take a little more time.... so we wanted to get rolling... and on a lark i called mike about this one and he was down.... im beyond stoked... i used to mixtape trade with kids around the country before the net was a viable source for music, and some girl in cali sent me a tape with this on the a-side, and the return of the aquabats on the other.... that tape got burned out from constant play... i bought both records and loved them

This was already pressed though. I own a copy. If you guys were gonna do an Asian Man record, why not do one that hasn't been pressed? Like the third chinkees album. Or the third Slow Gherkin album. Or the last Mu330 album.

wow the Bruce Lee Band as number 3...that was kind of a surprise. I never owned this on cd but I have heard that its basically pezcore era LTJ music with Mike Park singing. only one more to go!

This record is flat out amazing! It doesn't have one bad song for me. I remember seeing The Bruce Lee Band at Ska Against Racism in Chicago back in the day and right after the set I went and bought the cd. So good.

This was already pressed though. I own a copy. If you guys were gonna do an Asian Man record, why not do one that hasn't been pressed? Like the third chinkees album. Or the third Slow Gherkin album. Or the last Mu330 album.

Those titles would be awesome too but it's not like record labels call other record labels, who owns the rights I might add, and say "Listen we're reissuing or pressing your labels records because, well we want to".

I can't imagine what little details, or big details for that matter, keep a record from being reissued or pressed. May be Mike doesn't want those pressed. May be the band said we hate Asians. I don't know but there are other underlying factors to why records don't get pressed.

well to be perfectly selfish, this project isn't very profitable to myself and justin. Lord knows i personally spent a couple hundred hours of work arranging, promoting, and harassing to get it funded, and then assembled and mailed. We gave the bands a big portion of the pressing, and due to actually coming up on the minus end of the +/- 10% pressing for the first time ever, we're not left with very much stock for ourselves. So we're generally steering towards records that are personally important, or at least very loved by the two of us. We've gotten tons of awesome suggestions... some aren't feasible (major label stuff would have way too high of a per unit charge to justify the risk), some stuff the labels/bands who do own it have refused our proposals, some of it really couldnt justify the pressing, and some of them we really don't like enough to put in the effort. In this case, we both love the record. Mike Park has been a personal hero of mine, and being able to work with my personal favorite of his releases means alot, and it justifies the work i'll have to put in. Theres always gonna be tons of great records we could be releasing... but at the same time... theres something to be said for DIY as well ;)

That being said... im more than happy to put up my time & connections against your money. if theres ska records out there you want pressed... if you have a label, or want to start one.. and have some cash burning a hole in your pocket. hit me up... we can get some shit done :)

Or Let's Go Bowling, or Monkey's latest both of which are excellent albums. I would kill to get my hands on any LGB vinyl.

Yes! My favorite Toasters record and the first Moon Ska cd I ever bought. I'm so happy that you're doing this and not Jump Up. As cool as it is that they've pressed Hard Band and Dub 56, the effort that they've put into them as far as packaging is concerned sucks really bad. I cannot wait to hear the extra stuff on this!