Shipping to Croatia.

iconflict

I did it over the phone, with the automated machine and I think I may have stretched the weight quite a bit. the guy I spoke to said I should check with my local post office, but I didn't know the post office here in the states would be capable of sending items internationally. he said it would be the cheapest route, so I may have to check with them. $200 blew my mind, but I may need to re-check the usps site and see if I can get an actual/correct rate. thanks for the info, guys.

also, what size of packaging would I need? would I be able to fit the 3 lp's into an envelope or would I have to go with the next step up, being an actual package? I'm new to selling records over the internet, so shipping is a bit confusing. I skimmed through the How to Pack a Record thread, along with the Guidelines for Sales/Trades/Wants, but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. I'll definitely go back through the How to Pack a Record thread when I get ready to ship, but packing wise, do I just ask for an LP Mailer?

Get an LP mailer similar to this one, this will protect your record on its way across the pond, if you stick it simply into an envelope it will not survive.

For your 3LP record, take the records out of the outer sleeve. If the record cover has a poly sleeve, leave it on other wise put some newspaper around the cover (this to stop the brown cardboard chafing on the cover...) Then put the outer sleeve in the mailer first as below, then put the LPs on top. Put a piece of cardboard the size of the records on top of it all and fold in the 4 flaps, stick a friendly note in for the recipient as it is a nice gesture...The cardboard sheet stops anyone accidentally cutting into the records when opening.

lp_mailer_300.JPG

Once packed, seal it well with tape across the fold and around the perimeter so no water can get in the sides and the corners are protected.

Go to the post office and ask for the best rate, they will advise you. Online USPS is not great. Now you only need to stick the customs sticker on (apart from the address). Mark it as Gift and value $30 max otherwise he gets charged customs big time.

hope that helps...

Thanks a lot for your help. I actually called the local post office in my area and they gave me a rate of like $15 for the cheapest and $40 for Priority, I believe. Not sure what the $15 rate was called, but that's probably what I'll be going with. I was told it could take up to two weeks, but you can't beat the price for that for shipping halfway around the world. great. I'm stoked for this. Thanks again for all the help.