PO: DMB - Away From the World

$19.99 for 2XLP 180 Gram - some of the bands and "record labels" on here should take notes...say what you will about DMB but at least he's not gouging his fans..

you also do realize that the cost per unit goes down greatly when you're pressing multiple thousands of them right? i'd wager the markup on these is actually higher than most of the labels on here... because with vinyl all costs are upfront, and then per copy cost goes down drastically the more you press at a single time.

you also do realize that the cost per unit goes down greatly when you're pressing multiple thousands of them right? i'd wager the markup on these is actually higher than most of the labels on here... because with vinyl all costs are upfront, and then per copy cost goes down drastically the more you press at a single time.

I do realize this - I've pressed records and CD's before and I hate how it works that way because it's so tempting to get more than you need to reduce costs...What you're saying doesn't really make sense at all though since generally the lowest price of a 2XLP I've ever seen is right around $20 will you agree with me on that? To me, $12-15 for an LP and $20 for a 2XLP seem like fair price points...

Dude you are so right. $60 lawn seats shows he cares a lot.

Uhh pretty sure the venue has a much larger say in the price of tickets to shows than the band. They are 25 or 30 where I've seen them.

And the point on pressing more meaning lower prices doesn't explain why Everyone Everywhere can sell their LP for 10 bucks while Margot sells one for 25. I am certain the former pressed less than the latter.

Uhh pretty sure the venue has a much larger say in the price of tickets to shows than the band. They are 25 or 30 where I've seen them.

And the point on pressing more meaning lower prices doesn't explain why Everyone Everywhere can sell their LP for 10 bucks while Margot sells one for 25. I am certain the former pressed less than the latter.

My bad, here are the next 6 venues for lawn seats: 51.40, 53, 52.85, 52.85, 52.85, 61.50

So yeah...

Yea....Still doesn't prove that the band has any say in the pricing whatsoever lol. But thanks for looking into it so thoroughly.

All I was doing was disproving this statement.

Uhh pretty sure the venue has a much larger say in the price of tickets to shows than the band. Uhh pretty sure the venue has a much larger say in the price of tickets to shows than the band. They are 25 or 30 where I've seen them.

The price is set in part by how much the band requires to be paid. In 2009 the band grossed 530 million from touring. If they really wanted to they could play for less money.

• 1 month later...