BTBAM - The Parallax Part 2: Future Sequence

• 1 month later...

Yeah mine was nowhere near as quiet as it should've been. In sure the rest of the records were no better, the loud music just masked the noise, but the quiet acoustic beginning intro to the album was the worst. It's whatever. It's a pretty shitty sounding record to begin with. Shame, because it's an amazing album.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...
7 hours ago, cautionthieves said:

Bumping this as Metal Blade has variants for both Parallax II and Coma Ecliptic up on their store.

https://www.indiemerch.com/metalbladerecords/b/between-the-buried-and-me/vinyl

Thanks! Grabbed Parallax II. I've been wanting this for ages. Always kick myself for not buying the RSD set years back. 

2 hours ago, Portsi said:

EU Store now has some cool limited to 200 variants too:

https://eu.kingsroadmerch.com/metal-blade/search/index.php?search=between+the+buried+and+me

Usually don't go for splatters, but had get that violet/black splatter. Woow...

Thanks for the heads up. Just missed out on that sweet violet/black but managed to grab a Coma to make up for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Some day I will stop buying these fancy splatter variants.

Listened the Parallax and Coma Ecliptic EU splatter variants today.  Especially Coma was full of background noise, cracks and pops. Also the printed inner sleeves had some weird dirt inside them. So disappointed because the sound quality and dynamics are really good. But the quieter parts are painful to listen...

5 hours ago, Portsi said:

Some day I will stop buying these fancy splatter variants.

Listened the Parallax and Coma Ecliptic EU splatter variants today.  Especially Coma was full of background noise, cracks and pops. Also the printed inner sleeves had some weird dirt inside them. So disappointed because the sound quality and dynamics are really good. But the quieter parts are painful to listen...

Yah and my “remastered” copy of Colors sounds like crap. It’s noisy as hell. The DR is about the same too. 

Got around to spinning the new violet splatter today. The pressing itself looks really good and is miles quieter than my US first press. The sound itself is about the same, though, and I wish they did some adjustments to the mix to better suit the format. I am slightly disappointed in the packaging. The first pressing had this neat gloss and matte divide on the jacket, and this retains none of that. Also my printed sleeves had seam splits, of course, whereas the first pressing came with black sleeves and printed inserts.

Edited by birdturbo