BTBAM - The Parallax Part 2: Future Sequence

if I ever see anybody wearing one of those spacesuits, I'm going to throw them in the pit and personally beat the living shit out of their asses. lamest gimmick I've yet to see with a pre-order bundle.....that said....really stoked on this record, hope it holds up to the first installment of the Parallax series

they haven't put out a bad record yet. tommy said this record is btbam on steroids, and i will be awaiting my beating in the pit:)

if I ever see anybody wearing one of those spacesuits, I'm going to throw them in the pit and personally beat the living shit out of their asses. lamest gimmick I've yet to see with a pre-order bundle.....that said....really stoked on this record, hope it holds up to the first installment of the Parallax series

its not just lame, its completely embarassing (and useless buts thats par for the course with all the junk that bands bundle together in preorders).

LOL, I applaud your brazen attitude. but seriously, it's a silly gimmick, but I'm soooo stoked for this release

im just kidding about the suit. it is pretty silly. but think about it like this: rush is a prog juggernaut and have been for 30 + years. if they would have offered something like a space suit when moving pictures or 2012 came out it would fetch stupid amounts of cash in this day and age and btbam ARE traveling down this road. When I'm fifty trying to tell my now 2yr old kid about this classic band and she's listening to that classic "skrillex" record I'm going to remind her about a space suit that put her through college.

Pre ordered the vinyl of course. Here's my thing with it. It's BTBAM!! And it's still a first pressing anyways right...? Even if it isn't too limited. They are such a quality band. And time and time again I meet people who haven't even heard of them until me. And instantly, they are hooked. They will live on forever through their music. Haha oh well, maybe it's just me.

im just kidding about the suit. it is pretty silly. but think about it like this: rush is a prog juggernaut and have been for 30 + years. if they would have offered something like a space suit when moving pictures or 2012 came out it would fetch stupid amounts of cash in this day and age and btbam ARE traveling down this road. When I'm fifty trying to tell my now 2yr old kid about this classic band and she's listening to that classic "skrillex" record I'm going to remind her about a space suit that put her through college.

I wouldn't hold your breath on that panning out quite like you're expecting it to...

I wouldn't hold your breath on that panning out quite like you're expecting it to...

yeah, probably won't put her through college, but her first car at least, oh and i highly doubt any band in the world are as progressive as this band. no one and i mean NO ONE can span the genre of music as a whole and make it so accessible.

but think about it like this: rush is a prog juggernaut and have been for 30 + years. if they would have offered something like a space suit when moving pictures or 2012 came out it would fetch stupid amounts of cash in this day and age and btbam ARE traveling down this road. When I'm fifty trying to tell my now 2yr old kid about this classic band and she's listening to that classic "skrillex" record I'm going to remind her about a space suit that put her through college.

yeah, probably won't put her through college, but her first car at least

ymEJT.gif

I hesitated to make the comparison, but after listening to this on my home system I have to say that the parallels to Opeth are definitely there and I really like it. Kind of an American version. The super heavy mixed with slower folk/jazz atmosphere w/ clean vocals in the middle. I went ahead a preordered from Metal Blade. Give the label and band a little extra for putting out great music.

• 2 weeks later...

You're missing the point: it's so  ridiculous and excessive, that it's fucking awesome, and I have to have it.

For those like me who still haven't picked this up.. I got a code for indiemerchstore 20% off sale.. 24 hours only (I got the email a few hours ago)

Use code "bck2school"

About ~$27ppd for this record. Don't think it'll ever go for much cheaper (unless HT gets em in, *cough* Travis *cough*)

For those like me who still haven't picked this up.. I got a code for indiemerchstore 20% off sale.. 24 hours only (I got the email a few hours ago)

Use code "bck2school"

About ~$27ppd for this record. Don't think it'll ever go for much cheaper (unless HT gets em in, *cough* Travis *cough*)

Thanks for the code. That was enough of a discount to get me to bite the bullet on this preorder.

Use code "bck2school"

Ordered. Thanks!