THRICE ANNOUNCE ANTHOLOGY 4LP set

^ it is true if you are talking about amazon (which is what jaba was referring to). amazon does not charge you for the preorder until it ships, and sometimes amazon does not get enough stock to cover preorders (botch-we are romans repress comes to mind). amazon's preorder system is awesome, i dont understand how people could be upset for NOT being charged months in advance of something shipping. use a credit card, not a debit card and the problem is solved (in fact shopping on line with a debit card is not advised anyway).

^ it is true if you are talking about amazon (which is what jaba was referring to). amazon does not charge you for the preorder until it ships, and sometimes amazon does not get enough stock to cover preorders (botch-we are romans repress comes to mind). amazon's preorder system is awesome, i dont understand how people could be upset for NOT being charged months in advance of something shipping. use a credit card, not a debit card and the problem is solved (in fact shopping on line with a debit card is not advised anyway).

it's a check card, i just call it a debit card because it comes directly out of my bank account. i really wish amazon would allow paypal as an option, that would solve all of my problems.

^ it is true if you are talking about amazon (which is what jaba was referring to)...and sometimes amazon does not get enough stock to cover preorders (botch-we are romans repress comes to mind).

Wait. So if Amazon does a preorder to give them a scale of demands (which is what apparently jaba was referring to), why would they end up not getting enough stock to cover the preorders?

If (as it keeps being said) they do a preorder to get an idea of demand, why would they then decide to not make enough anyway?

"Let's do a pre-order to see how many records people need, then let's make less than have actually been pre-ordered so some pre-orders aren't fulfilled."

That makes no sense.

Wait. So if Amazon does a preorder to give them a scale of demands (which is what apparently jaba was referring to), why would they end up not getting enough stock to cover the preorders?

If (as it keeps being said) they do a preorder to get an idea of demand, why would they then decide to not make enough anyway?

"Let's do a pre-order to see how many records people need, then let's make less than have actually been pre-ordered so some pre-orders aren't fulfilled."

That makes no sense.

LOL... so true

using pre-orders to judge demand can go both ways. look what happened with that yellowcard album SRC pressed. when pre-orders started most of the colors were /300 with the exception of one being /500. shortly before the records started shipping SRC announced that they were "shorted" copies of the /500 color and it was now out of less than 300 copies. shorted over 200 copies my ass. they didn't sell enough of that color through pre-orders so they changed their order with the plant.

on the other hand there is that nightmare of you/nightmares for a week split 7" P+P is doing. one color was supposed to be /100, they apparently sold through that color quickly and magically they added about 50 more copies for that color. how do you know if and what the overrun will be before the records are even pressed?

That makes no sense.

... Amazon doesn't press records, they're not gauging how many to MAKE, but how many to ORDER.

As mentioned, there are 3000 records, Amazon ended up with the vast majority I'm sure, but it's still up to Cinderblock how many they actually get.

using pre-orders to judge demand can go both ways. look what happened with that yellowcard album SRC pressed. when pre-orders started most of the colors were /300 with the exception of one being /500. shortly before the records started shipping SRC announced that they were "shorted" copies of the /500 color and it was now out of less than 300 copies. shorted over 200 copies my ass. they didn't sell enough of that color through pre-orders so they changed their order with the plant.

on the other hand there is that nightmare of you/nightmares for a week split 7" P+P is doing. one color was supposed to be /100, they apparently sold through that color quickly and magically they added about 50 more copies for that color. how do you know if and what the overrun will be before the records are even pressed?

This is 100% BS. The plant shorted us big time on those colors and I just packed another 500 clear copies for HT. There is a lot of demand actually. SRC is only one small outlet. These have been selling extremely well to record stores as well. I would love to press more on a half/half color combo as we got tons of 7" overs. It's the biz. Sometimes You get unders and sometimes you overs.