Thursday - War All the Time 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

When you consider that the outer edge of any record spinning at 33RPM takes more space per revolution for the groove to playback each second of music and the more space there is per second of music, the higher the fidelity of the music. The further the needle moves in toward the label, the shorter the distance the needle must traverse per second of music. The shorter the distance the needle traverse the relatively lower the quality in comparison to the outer edge.

When you consider that the outer edge of any record spinning at 33RPM takes more space per revolution for the groove to playback each second of music and the more space there is per second of music, the higher the fidelity of the music. The further the needle moves in toward the label, the shorter the distance the needle must traverse per second of music. The shorter the distance the needle traverse the relatively lower the quality in comparison to the outer edge.

Records.jpg

No stores in Virginia yet!??? I'm hoping at the very least, Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News gets some, but Pembroke or Lynnhaven Mall would be better, so I don't have to get on the HRBT and get stuck in traffic for 20-30 minutes.

I hear that. I don't even know where pembroke would put vinyl anymore since they got rid of most of their music selection.

It will be up online soon, I'm guessing next week and everyone of you will have access to those. There's no specific street date for these, they get shipped out to stores from 2 different locations, the warehouse in CA got them much earlier than the other warehouse which is why west coast stores have them already. The TN warehouse literally just go them in like yesterday. The HT.com orders are filled from the TN warehouse so those LPs have to get processed and shipped out to stores and the ones going up for sale online have to be processed a different way and it takes time for all that to happen. This isn't the only item being worked in the warehouse. I really appreciate everyone being excited to get this but just take a deep breath and relax and you will be able to get a copy soon.

it's kinda hilarious that the head of hot topics music department feels the need to even come in here and "explain himself." thankfully Travis is such a cool dude and has the attitude he does... at least we even get a heads up. at least we can save our money for when it does get released. many vinyl releases are just "dropped" with no heads up (underoath represses are the first that come to mind) and people miss them cause they weren't anticipating them. or maybe they had just dropped $80 on an OG press. Let's just have faith that Travis will let us know right when they go up, like he ALWAYS does.

I hear that. I don't even know where pembroke would put vinyl anymore since they got rid of most of their music selection.

I haven't been there in awhile. I guess that explains why Patrick Henry's Hot Topic gets most of the vinyl now. The hot topic at Greenbrier Mall USED to have a decent selection, I wonder what happened there? Oh well, I'll just have to order this online, I suppose.

Do any HT stores in VA sell vinyl anymore? I mean you would think when it is starting to come back in style that at least a few more stores would carry it but most HT I have seen rarely have even cds of new bands other than what has a top 40 hit or is metalcore. I am sure every hot topic could benefit from a small box in the corner with maybe 20 records. There is a growing market at the moment but more and more stores are shrinking their music sections to get a larger tacky t-shirts that have memes on them that will be relevant for about 2 months tops while you save up money for the next lineup of tacky shirts. I watched a documentary about Hot Topic for a class once and they said that music was important to them and it had a lot to do with how they chose to do business. At least online the store holds true to its mission but guess whats important is the price of stock above all things else.

This is not directed hatefully toward anyone who works at HT as I still think they have a great online B2C eCommerce but do not put any effort to appeal to growing niche markets that are obviously doing well online. A survey of areas could show plenty of malls without any main music retailer anywhere in the vicinity and how easily it would be to offer a small selection to appeal to that niche. Vinyl has been on the rise in sales recently and even the few best buys that sell some LPs don't truly take that into consideration. For a company that was built on music culture in the late 80s early 90s trends in music sales should be looked at. Most movie, pop culture, and meme t-shirt will sell well initially but looses momentum depending on how long it is popular. While I see that HT's target market is youthful teens they should not forget that the youthful teens that gave them so much business while growing up still can associate good business with the store and if something that was being sold could appeal to teens and young adults (up to about mid 20s) than it is worth a small section in stores. Most teenagers that fit the target market and that shop at Hot Topic stores tend to like music inspired by bands of the last decade so one could assume a few stores could jump this market trend before it looses momentum again.

Just my .02 and is pretty TL:DR but VA is basically without any HT that sell Vinyl and if any do they are shrinking the selection despite the market trends which would show it wise to carry at least a limited selection in more (not all) stores.

it's kinda hilarious that the head of hot topics music department feels the need to even come in here and "explain himself." thankfully Travis is such a cool dude and has the attitude he does... at least we even get a heads up. at least we can save our money for when it does get released. many vinyl releases are just "dropped" with no heads up (underoath represses are the first that come to mind) and people miss them cause they weren't anticipating them. or maybe they had just dropped $80 on an OG press. Let's just have faith that Travis will let us know right when they go up, like he ALWAYS does.

Yo Travis, my sister used to work at HQ with you and apparently you're a good man, in and out of VC. Keep it up!

Well I guess if it sounds good to everyone else then I was wrong. I'll listen again and see what's up. The first time I listened the spinhole was tight so it kept fucking with the speed, I made it a little bigger and it was fine after that, but maybe it needs to be a little bigger still.

i had the same prob with the spinhole, only on the 1st LP though... all this talk about it sounding compressed messed with my perception and now I think mine sounds compressed >( Listened to No Devolucion again, and it sounds better than WATT. Gonna have to wait a week and listen again. Either way, glad to have it in the collection.

Do any HT stores in VA sell vinyl anymore? I mean you would think when it is starting to come back in style that at least a few more stores would carry it but most HT I have seen rarely have even cds of new bands other than what has a top 40 hit or is metalcore. I am sure every hot topic could benefit from a small box in the corner with maybe 20 records. There is a growing market at the moment but more and more stores are shrinking their music sections to get a larger tacky t-shirts that have memes on them that will be relevant for about 2 months tops while you save up money for the next lineup of tacky shirts. I watched a documentary about Hot Topic for a class once and they said that music was important to them and it had a lot to do with how they chose to do business. At least online the store holds true to its mission but guess whats important is the price of stock above all things else.

This is not directed hatefully toward anyone who works at HT as I still think they have a great online B2C eCommerce but do not put any effort to appeal to growing niche markets that are obviously doing well online. A survey of areas could show plenty of malls without any main music retailer anywhere in the vicinity and how easily it would be to offer a small selection to appeal to that niche. Vinyl has been on the rise in sales recently and even the few best buys that sell some LPs don't truly take that into consideration. For a company that was built on music culture in the late 80s early 90s trends in music sales should be looked at. Most movie, pop culture, and meme t-shirt will sell well initially but looses momentum depending on how long it is popular. While I see that HT's target market is youthful teens they should not forget that the youthful teens that gave them so much business while growing up still can associate good business with the store and if something that was being sold could appeal to teens and young adults (up to about mid 20s) than it is worth a small section in stores. Most teenagers that fit the target market and that shop at Hot Topic stores tend to like music inspired by bands of the last decade so one could assume a few stores could jump this market trend before it looses momentum again.

Just my .02 and is pretty TL:DR but VA is basically without any HT that sell Vinyl and if any do they are shrinking the selection despite the market trends which would show it wise to carry at least a limited selection in more (not all) stores.

fair oaks carrys a lot, so does dulles. both va stores.

fair oaks carrys a lot, so does dulles. both va stores.

The HT in Greenbrier Mall in Chesapeake used to carry some, but hasn't been listed in any of Travis' posts recently that I've followed, but the HT in Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News has a decent selection from what I have gathered online, just haven't made the trip across the bay to see for myself. I agree though, vinyl definitely has gotten more popularity in recent years and HT retail should cash in.