Thursday - War All the Time 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

• 1 month later...

I just listened to this and am extremely disapointed, i'm not even an audiophile. it was so bad on the left channel i thought my speaker was going out or that there was something wrong with my equipment. Also the first lp got stuck on the spindle. i had to push a pencil wrapped in a microfiber rag under it to leverage it while i wiggled it off.

I do have the original release which i am listening to right now. it sounds perfect. I also have the hot topic releases of ACBTLD and Vheissu which sound perfectly fine as well. I had got it so i wouldn't have to worry about damaging the original, but now its just going to be sitting on the shelf never to be touched again. The only reason i'm not doing anything about it is since hot topic included a $15 coupon with my order.

I just listened to this and am extremely disapointed, i'm not even an audiophile. it was so bad on the left channel i thought my speaker was going out or that there was something wrong with my equipment. Also the first lp got stuck on the spindle. i had to push a pencil wrapped in a microfiber rag under it to leverage it while i wiggled it off.

I do have the original release which i am listening to right now. it sounds perfect. I also have the hot topic releases of ACBTLD and Vheissu which sound perfectly fine as well. I had got it so i wouldn't have to worry about damaging the original, but now its just going to be sitting on the shelf never to be touched again. The only reason i'm not doing anything about it is since hot topic included a $15 coupon with my order.

I'll give you $5 for it?

Yeah after all the complaints I read here I didn't even bother trying to switch out my copy for a better sounding one. I've got numerous releases from HT and all have sounded great--but the pressing plant obviously forgot to quality check the sound on this batch. I've got the original pressing as well, so I'm happy keeping this just for the artwork.

my spindle hole was a wee bit small as well, and the sound is actually pretty scratchy in some places for me. Listening to a Koufax record now with no issues, but this was just really noisy for me in some of the not so filled out parts, beginning of Workforce Drowning for example. Meh, idk its cool to have this but its a little bit of a bummer

• 2 months later...

Sorry to resurrect the dead here, but just wanted to throw my hat into the "surface noise" ring here after just getting this along with the Manson record. Loud parts sound just fine but the quiet parts sound like someone's scraped sandpaper over the grooves. Might not have noticed it if not for "...Falling Bomb" and the title track. Compared with my (not mint) original press and, in comparison, at least those two songs are not at all comparable. Bummer.

Point is, if anyone's been waiting to get this, skip it. Unless there are dud copies floating around, the original press sounds better. I'd love to hear a rip of the title track from someone who says their copy sounds great... hard to believe since mine is so damn noisy.

Sorry to resurrect the dead here, but just wanted to throw my hat into the "surface noise" ring here after just getting this along with the Manson record. Loud parts sound just fine but the quiet parts sound like someone's scraped sandpaper over the grooves. Might not have noticed it if not for "...Falling Bomb" and the title track. Compared with my (not mint) original press and, in comparison, at least those two songs are not at all comparable. Bummer.

Point is, if anyone's been waiting to get this, skip it. Unless there are dud copies floating around, the original press sounds better. I'd love to hear a rip of the title track from someone who says their copy sounds great... hard to believe since mine is so damn noisy.

That's what I was afraid of.  I finally snagged this one on of the recent sales, and just gave it a spin.  The first record sounded OK, but LP #2 sounds terrible.  The title track was atrocious.  Its really a shame because the album was mixed really well, and this had the potential to shine on vinyl.  fuck.

• 8 years later...