Thursday - War All the Time 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

Glad this is finally getting a repress. Awesome album that holds up.

Got mine on release day in 2003 (!) at Vintage Vinyl in NJ (RIP) where they did a joint in-store with Saves The Day, who released 'In Reverie' on the same day.  Have both records signed by the bands. Anyone else there??

8 hours ago, mr. sincere said:

Got mine on release day in 2003 (!) at Vintage Vinyl in NJ (RIP) where they did a joint in-store with Saves The Day, who released 'In Reverie' on the same day.  Have both records signed by the bands. Anyone else there??

Hell yeah I was there! RIP VV :-( - I saw so many great in stores over the years. I went about a week before it shut down to say my goodbyes and it was heartbreaking to see the store the way that it was. 

9 hours ago, mr. sincere said:

I was there too!  

Vintage Vinyl was the best, RIP.

13 hours ago, superpeephole said:

spacer.png

found this posted by Thursday in the comments of their latest post on FB.

It'll probably just a be a collection of door mats and baby onesies with this image on it. Watch.

Edited by mitchard

10 minutes ago, mcpherson123 said:

I'm going to be profoundly pissed if this is only going to be released as some live stream show package deal in twenty different splatters only.

This albums is too essential to be hidden behind the paywall of all that shit.

If they follow the same model as they did with Waiting, I'll laugh. People were SO pissed about the package deal being presented as the only option... until it wasn't.

1 minute ago, mitchard said:

If they follow the same model as they did with Waiting, I'll laugh. People were SO pissed about the package deal being presented as the only option... until it wasn't.

Damn, I didn't realize it ever got to the point where it wasn't.

And their whole flipper reduction ideology is precisely the exact opposite of how to reduce flippers.

One big pressing on only one color is how you reduce flippers. The larger the quantity and the more basic the color is the way. And I'm not just saying that because I want a black variant. I do want that to happen but that's not why I'm saying it.

1 minute ago, mcpherson123 said:

Damn, I didn't realize it ever got to the point where it wasn't.

Yeah, very shortly after the package went up, they released the other 8-10 variants (or whatever it was), available individually.

In response to this being a flipper field day, I think they posted something on FB to the effect of "One variant would be boring, and we wanted to do something special with this".  I get it from the artistic standpoint, though.

8 minutes ago, mitchard said:

Yeah, very shortly after the package went up, they released the other 8-10 variants (or whatever it was), available individually.

In response to this being a flipper field day, I think they posted something on FB to the effect of "One variant would be boring, and we wanted to do something special with this".  I get it from the artistic standpoint, though.

That sounds familiar. I guess I thought all of them were still attached to a ticket purchase.

8 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I’m just glad we are hopefully getting a new pressing. You can’t really plan your releases around flippers. It’s going to happen regardless. Best way to limit flipping scenarios is to limit your order to 1 or 2 copies. 

Definitely helps. But even then, the limited releases get flipped hard anyways. Unless its just some standard "boring" black copies with no pressing count released, people will still capitalize on that FOMO they best they can.

48 minutes ago, HardlineKid said:

Does anybody actually buy recently-released records at a $150-300 price range out of FOMO? I understand something out of press for 5-10 years that you're serious about collecting, but I've been seeing some crazy stuff with some recent releases and I've gotta believe they're not actually selling..

Not sure who these people are, but yeah, they do for some reason.