Thursday - War All the Time 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

Yeah, I’ve never owned the Hot Topic press but I found it boggling how almost unanimously across the web, everyone seems to insist it sounds like shit.  I’ve never had an issue with the 1LP version, but it’s so surprising that it’d sound worse spanned across 2 LPs.  Hope they figure it out for the reissue.

51 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Yeah, I’ve never owned the Hot Topic press but I found it boggling how almost unanimously across the web, everyone seems to insist it sounds like shit.  I’ve never had an issue with the 1LP version, but it’s so surprising that it’d sound worse spanned across 2 LPs.  Hope they figure it out for the reissue.

My copy doesn’t even fit the spindle on the turntable. 

5 hours ago, Derek™ said:

Mine seriously sounded so bad and I normally don’t complain. Static and/or sibilance the entire time. 

7 hours ago, Derek™ said:

They were...pretty bad. Idk if it was the master or the 'recycled marble' variant or what, but the og, which I tracked down later, sounds leaps and bounds better. I have since sold it to an old local member of the board, so am happy for another offering.

16 hours ago, kjkenney said:

They were...pretty bad. Idk if it was the master or the 'recycled marble' variant or what, but the og, which I tracked down later, sounds leaps and bounds better. I have since sold it to an old local member of the board, so am happy for another offering.

I'm sure the variant didn't help, but even I wouldn't blame it sounding that bad on just the gloopy grey and white puke variant

• 10 months later...

For anyone who doesn't come to VC just to hop onto Instagram, here are the basic details at a glance.

Tomorrow, June 30th, 10 AM (PST) @ https://velocityrecords.com/collections/thursday

Red with splatter /100

100.png

Red-Black merge /200

200.png

Red-Black split /700

700.png

No mention of an actual WATT repress yet.  I'm sure these will go very quick much like the FCs did.

19 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

For anyone who doesn't come to VC just to hop onto Instagram, here are the basic details at a glance.

Tomorrow, June 30th, 10 AM (PST) @ https://velocityrecords.com/collections/thursday

Red with splatter /100

100.png

Red-Black merge /200

200.png

Red-Black split /700

700.png

No mention of an actual WATT repress yet.  I'm sure these will go very quick much like the FCs did.

Thanks for staying on topic but you are so damn petty. I'm going to start calling you Tom.

3 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

I don't have Instagram either and I could see the post.

This is what I see when I click your link above, which is why I bothered to provide the info that I did in my post above.  I may be in a minority, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

This is what I see when I click your link above, which is why I bothered to provide the info that I did in my post above.  I may be in a minority, but I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat.

Exactly this. And it’s so lazy just to post a link with zero context. Especially to a site that can be a login splash for someone who doesn’t have any account. Appreciate you screen grabbing and such. I probably would have missed this entirely if you hadn’t have done that. 

2 hours ago, Sad Heart said:

Exactly this. And it’s so lazy just to post a link with zero context. Especially to a site that can be a login splash for someone who doesn’t have any account. Appreciate you screen grabbing and such. I probably would have missed this entirely if you hadn’t have done that. 

I'm so, so, so sorry. I will do better!

Edited by meatrocket8