Thursday - War All the Time 2xLP Hot Topic exclusive

1 minute ago, rrd said:

also while we're on the topic, this really should've been it's own thread since it's not the same release...

Yeah, I can agree with that.  For whatever reason – presumably laziness? – VC has been favoring the bump of old threads to discuss new releases.  I see it happen quite a bit more often than fresh threads being created.  It's caused a few people to miss out on stuff over the years, which sucks.

1 minute ago, meatrocket8 said:

But then Derek would have made fun of me for creating too many threads.

Rest assured that I will always have a means of shitting on you, no matter how you interact with VC.  You've proven time and time again that that's not going to change anytime soon.  May as well follow forum etiquette and create a new thread; you'll still find a way to embarrass yourself and I'll probably still call it out.  No need to worry about me.

1 minute ago, meatrocket8 said:

You didn't seem to mind people posting when Full Collapse Live sold out. It was valuable information then. Just not when I do it. Got it.

You're so mad, it's hilarious.

There's a difference between spamming a thread with "SOLD OUT" anytime a variant goes, and answering a question when someone asks.  You are unbelievably dumb, holy shit.

2 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Rest assured that I will always have a means of shitting on you, no matter how you interact with VC.  You've proven time and time again that that's not going to change anytime soon.  May as well follow forum etiquette and create a new thread; you'll still find a way to embarrass yourself and I'll probably still call it out.  No need to worry about me.

You're so mad, it's hilarious.

There's a difference between spamming a thread with "SOLD OUT" anytime a variant goes, and answering a question when someone asks.  You are unbelievably dumb, holy shit.

Definitely not mad. Just pointing out your hypocrisy.

8 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

So I have to wait until someone asks before I mention that it's sold out? Can you show me in the rules where that is stated?

10 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Of course, naturally, when you mention something being sold out, you're being helpful. When I do it, I'm just spamming the boards. Until next time...

2 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

Of course, naturally, when you mention something being sold out, you're being helpful. When I do it, I'm just spamming the boards. Until next time...

Right.  Because you seem fixated on when anything sells out, and feel compelled to let us all know.  Announcing that something is sold out is – in and of itself – incredibly useless.  What does it achieve?  The window for purchase has closed.  All it does is allow buyers to breathe easy or get off on the fact their order was made in time.  Is that you?  “Phew got my order in!  Anyone else reading this who was too slow… see ya’ on Discogs, suckers. 😂”  Pointless.

But moreover, you’re really missing the context of the other Thursday thread.  I already explained it but I’ll try again; it’s the difference between being obnoxious and helpful.  If Ken had asked how long it took the last Thursday live albums to sell out, and you beat me to the punch with a proper answer, I wouldn’t have said shit.  Because he inquired, and an answer was given.  It’s really not that complicated.

15 minutes ago, meatrocket8 said:

Can you show me in the rules where that is stated?

There are no strict rules for everything I’m saying.  We both know that, so stop playing dumb.  It’s less about forum rules and more about just not being a sperg.

49 minutes ago, dantheriver said:

Logged in early and used Apple Pay to painlessly get the /200.

This was my 2nd time ever trying to use Apple Pay on a drop and both times it gave me an error that my billing address needed to be updated.  Wasn’t able to figure that out so I wound up switching to PayPal.  Checked my account after and all my info is up to date so I’m stumped.

1 hour ago, januarytwenty said:

Got splatter. Here’s a download code for anyone who wants it:

Ahhh, all the downloads are gone.

anyone else got the hookup?  Message meee

3 minutes ago, curator said:

Ahhh, all the downloads are gone.

anyone else got the hookup?  Message meee

Is the bitrate still 192 kbps?  (Or was it 128?  I can’t remember.)  When that was made known with the last download code, I personally didn’t bother.  Ended up finding it a few weeks later in much higher quality.  Not sure if you or anyone else even cares, but I’m curious to hear if these are comparably low in quality again.

4 minutes ago, Derek™ said:

Is the bitrate still 192 kbps?  (Or was it 128?  I can’t remember.)  When that was made known with the last download code, I personally didn’t bother.  Ended up finding it a few weeks later in much higher quality.  Not sure if you or anyone else even cares, but I’m curious to hear if these are comparably low in quality again.

Yeah I did the same and will again for this release. Can’t believe anyone sends out 192kbps still

9 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

Yeah I did the same and will again for this release. Can’t believe anyone sends out 192kbps still

Sadly, with streaming being the undisputed convenience that it is, I can see why so little care is going into the quality of the MP3s provided.  It’s just weird to see it being so half-asses, like you suggested.  I don’t need a lossless FLAC rip or anything, but sub-320 in a limited-download zip file feels so archaic.