MAN ADVICE

I don't know what job you do, but having your headphones on 90% of the time doesn't help either.

Anyone who "LoOoOoVeS County!" or however it was phrased doesn't really take their music seriously. That's why those things don't matter much to me. That girl (or guy) will listen to whatever is catchy and popular, so their musical tastes can easily be shaped when you get into a point in the relationship where it might actually matter, like living together. Music is a big part of my life, but I can't think of a girl I dated who I didn't end up influencing and bringing into my musical world a bit. I mean, I'm not going to take a Miley Cyrus fan and get her listening to ETID, but there's middle ground.

Country is an easy fix - you show her stuff like Lucero or Trampled by Turtles and rope her in that way. Anyone who listens to pop music can easily be steered towards better music because they don't critically listen to music, they just hear whatever is on.

The only way any of this is a problem is if music is basically your defining factor and YOU can't function on any other topic.

Edit: If the person does have their own serious music tastes, you'll be able to connect on the depth and the exploration aspect, even if it's underground hip-hop compared to death metal.. you may clash, but the search and the appreciation is shared.

i'd saying you're doing it wrong by working 60 hours a week. what do you have time for?

I am a slave mon-friday and a drunk saturday/sunday

I don't know what job you do, but having your headphones on 90% of the time doesn't help either.

graphic design. I don't have to talk to anyone :)

I think music is pretty huge too. To me the type of music can go hand in hand with other values desired though not always. I mean someone who likes beiber or nikki mangina isent going to have many shared ideas or goals. Usually. Meet my wife on match.com she found me for some reason. We had many similar musical tastes classic rock pink floyd ect. I swayed more towards metal and psot hardcore stuff that I ended up getting her into a little. And she was into more mellow stuff life city and colour and ryan adams which she got me into. Actually it was her idea to start collecting vinyl since we both had a smal handful each

I listen to so much EDM (markus schulz is my most liked DJ...) and a ton of heavier-ish bands (glass cloud is my go to album right now).

finding a girl with that combination is tough, especially heavier stuff. you wouldn't vision me as a metal listening guy (sitting here in suit pants and a button up today). the EDM stuff is easier, but i refuse to talk about deadmau5 or skrillex anymore. :D

my cooking and baking conversations usually will strike up the best conversations. i guess it depends on what you're looking for...if music is your thing - awesome. the last relationship i had, we never listened or talked about music and it was a really good one.

I mean, I like music as much as the next guy, but I feel like there's bigger character traits out there I look for in girls.

I find tits to be far more interesting, however if the chick in question doesn't dig brand new she is done. I wouldn't care how good her breast look all soaped up in the shower.

that's what you're doing wrong! ;)

haha, possibly. I think most of my problem is that I only like older men and none of them take me seriously because I’m just a crazy 23 year old. my ideal mate is ron swanson.

As a 26 year old, I find a lot of 20-23 year olds fawning after me. It depends on the person, obviously, but they hardly ever come across as crazy and young. I get annoyed with the naivety sometimes, but what are you gonna do.. they still have to experience the real world.

It's so funny when I was younger like 18-21 range I wanted to date girls my own age but they all either had boyfriends or didn't want to date me. Now that i'm 26 it seems all the girls that I go for are in that age group.

Music is a great way to get to know a glimpse of someone you might be interested in, either as someone you want to date or even as a friend. I always try and bring up music early when getting to know anyone. For me music is 50% about the actual music and 50% about the message that goes with it. My favorite bands almost exclusively share my political ideology, and frequently sing about it. So if I bring up Propagandhi and / or Frank Turner and whomever I'm talking to knows who they are and likes them, it's highly likely that our political ideology will match up. If they bring up that Toby Keith is there favorite musician then I know there is probably going to be little in common between us.

Music is the socially acceptable way that I try and get to know some of the basics of what a person is about. However I'd never say that music is a dealbreaker with a potential mate. Political ideology and religious beliefs are the only ultra-mega dealbreakers. It's not even that someone has to share the same religious view as me, but it has to be compatible.

My last relationship was with a girl who was quite religious, and her family was incredibly religious. I am a polite but aggressive atheist. I'll never deny my beliefs to appease a lady or her family. I won't rub it in others face that I find their beliefs outdated and dangerous, but I won't lie and say that god is my one true savior. So that is why I early on use music to politely gauge a persons beliefs. If I can play Frank Turners "Glory Hallelujah" and don't freak out, then I know there is at least a potential common ground for friendship. If they freak out, then I there's nothing I love more than talking religion with people who disagree with me.

haha, possibly. I think most of my problem is that I only like older men and none of them take me seriously because I’m just a crazy 23 year old. my ideal mate is ron swanson.

ron swanson? you like simple men who like breakfast food?

why don't people take you seriously? do you talk to men about hex codes when youre drunk?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

as far as music, i always ask people what kind of music they listen to. it's a good indicator of what kind of person they are. i especially enjoy looking through people's music collections.

As a 26 year old, I find a lot of 20-23 year olds fawning after me. It depends on the person, obviously, but they hardly ever come across as crazy and young. I get annoyed with the naivety sometimes, but what are you gonna do.. they still have to experience the real world.

ive always had this thing where its ONLY younger girls who are attracted to me. when i was a senior in high school, it was all freshmen. when i was in college, well i was basically married during most of that span.

but now in my mid-20s, im still attracting mostly girls in the 18-22 range.

its annoying in a very spoiled way, but i really hope that i can maintain this long enough to pull 25 yr old ass when im 35.

the 2 girls i just dated were each 22, so was this other girl i kind of had a thing with at this time last year.

and the girl i had a fling with last summer was 19 at the time. it felt wrong, but she was a squirter with a fantastic rack. pros very much outweighed the cons.

but then my 5 years relationship, she was a year older than me. perhaps that has something to do with all this.

its annoying in a very spoiled way, but i really hope that i can maintain this long enough to pull 25 yr old ass when im 35.

I think you guys are all in luck, most of my friends and I usually are attracted to men in their 30s. Really we're just drawn to a guy who has his shit together. I'm tired of getting hit on by guys who want me to drive them around because they don't have a car or constantly ask me to borrow money for ciggs. not saying all guys my age are like this, but a lot are.

I think you guys are all in luck, most of my friends and I usually are attracted to men in their 30s. Really we're just drawn to a guy who has his shit together. I'm tired of getting hit on by guys who want me to drive them around because they don't have a car or constantly ask me to borrow money for ciggs. not saying all guys my age are like this, but a lot are.

this is why i don't ask people out.

this is my biggest obstacle in life. due to my eyesight i'm legally not allowed to drive a motor vehicle. which in turn keeps me from asking anyone out due to the fact that i can't pick them up, i can't meet them anywhere unless it's near a bus stop and early, or i take a $30 cab home. this goes for hanging out or doing something by myself (like record shopping). fuckin' sux. i'd ask a lot more people out if i didn't have this dilemma.

and let me tell you about grocery shopping.... :P

The last five girls I've dated, talked to, touched their lady bits, or whatever were all between 21-23. I'm 29, and find nothing wrong with that age group as long as you act mature; however, each of these gals eventually showed their youth in the way they acted.

The gal I'm 'takking' to now (I'm too old to even know all these terms) has kids and a career, so I know maturity won't be an issue. Also, though I don't really care if a girl digs the music I listen to or not, she's a HUGE fan of 90s rock which is my favorite, and from the few things she told me she's been listening to, it seems like she has stellar taste, or could be molded by a handful of mix CDs.

i decided to jump on to plenty of fish tonight. theres a shit ton of sifting to do, but the results on there are much better than i remember. im actually chatting with one girl at the moment... but then she got mad at me for saying i dont like the office and parks&rec is my favorite.

i also messaged another chick whose entire profiles was "hey! i like to smoke weed and fuck!" i mean... of course i did, right?