MAN ADVICE

She is well aware that you are considering moving, so it's not like you're hiding it and stringing her along. Just take it for what it is and have fun in the moment. It's not a guarantee that you're moving, so ya never know.

I agree with this! Just go with the flow and when it gets to the point of you moving...you can have that talk then. Decide if you want to keep it going or break it off. If she's in full support of it and agrees with everything, then you aren't just leading her on.

Just because all of those who take part in the groupthink that is this thread (you know who you are, and I don't mean the two guys above me) decided to brush it under the rug doesn't mean I am not going to put my words out there. 

You can't receive new messages, I was going to shoot you a message about something. 

Regardless, it's done. No one wants to partake in shitty internet drama.

Back to helping people and their love lives. 

Just because all of those who take part in the groupthink that is this thread (you know who you are, and I don't mean the two guys above me) decided to brush it under the rug doesn't mean I am not going to put my words out there. 

I'm not saying you shouldn't, by all means, voice your opinion.. but why not do it in a PM? Not in a thread where it should have never started in the first place. (edit: don't want this to come off as me coming at BillyA, this goes for a lot of the shit drama that happened throughout this thread from multiple people as of late)

THOMAS WILL RIDE AGAIN.

2011-02-01-Train.jpg

I feel like the Thomas reference is somewhat related..

the little engine that could... ....all night in bed.

WELCOME TO THE MAN ADVICE THREAD!

I'm not saying you shouldn't... but why not do it in a PM? Not in a thread that people are getting annoyed by it due since it has nothing to do with the topic.

Honestly, because everyone publicly ganged up against Matt. I am laying it out there. 

Also, you can thank Madie for why I don't take anything that any of them say in a PM to heart. 

I'll go ahead and post on topic

I've always refrained from giving in to 18 year old female interest because I don't really know I feel like it would be weird since I'm not 18 anymore. There are no less than 3 showing interest in me (repeatedly) right now and I've just been ignoring it like usual. I've got nothing happening in the early 20s age group at the moment and I've given up trying to find someone that is interested in the same things... while also being attractive to me. Am I dumb for ignoring?

I've always refrained from giving in to 18 year old female interest because I don't really know I feel like it would be weird since I'm not 18 anymore. There are no less than 3 showing interest in me (repeatedly) right now and I've just been ignoring it like usual. I've got nothing happening in the early 20s age group at the moment and I've given up trying to find someone that is interested in the same things... while also being attractive to me. Am I dumb for ignoring?

You're saying there are 18 year olds interested in you, and you're ignoring them, right?  If so, I would keep ignoring them.  Remember 18?  Yeah.

No because we're married-then divorced-then married-then divorced. 

Just kidding. 

I mean, 6 years age difference (is that right?) isn't so bad. I know it's said that it's weird for girls to date young because girls are often said to be more mature earlier than dudes. But since this is the other way around, maybe it's worth a shot? I guess just feel it out, see how it goes. If it's too weird...move on.

You're saying there are 18 year olds interested in you, and you're ignoring them, right?  If so, I would keep ignoring them.  Remember 18?  Yeah.

That's why, but then:

Hey, sometimes you just gotta boff that barely legal box

Is very relevant.

No because we're married-then divorced-then married-then divorced. 

Just kidding. 

I mean, 6 years age difference (is that right?) isn't so bad. I know it's said that it's weird for girls to date young because girls are often said to be more mature earlier than dudes. But since this is the other way around, maybe it's worth a shot? I guess just feel it out, see how it goes. If it's too weird...move on.

I'm going to feel it out. This thread is cool.

You don't need to reply to this. I just wanted to let you know that I had that screen shot saved to my computer for quite some time. This isn't anything about you making fun of my internet time. I knew it was about Amanda the day you posted it and I constantly debated sending it to her, but I didn't want to send it. 

Every time you made a snide comment toward me, temptation grew and it just sort of hit the fan along with other events. You're well aware that I'm not okay with how you treat women. I sent the screen cap to two people, in private. I didn't expect it to go anywhere but in private. I did not bash you to multiple people. I sent a screen cap and when asked about things you have said to me, I told them word for word (including when you called me pathetic for the male interactions. Copied and pasted. Word for word.) 

These are all things you have posted to a public forum, with your name and state attached. Everyone knows everyone in this industry. I've had my ass handed to me on more than one occasion for things I've said and I've taken full accountability for it and I've made my apologies. I'm not an angel either. 

While I will not apologize for sending this to the person it was about, because she did have a right to know. I will apologize for it becoming public and viral. I had no intent for that to happen. 

Logan, this as you know is the PM you sent me. I'm just posting this to tell you and everyone else how much of a liar and bullshitter you are. 2 wrongs don't make a right, but fuck it. You clearly have no respect for me so why should I show any back. You say you've had that post I made saved for some time? Well the screenshot you sent has my negative feedback on it, no? I got that negative feedback only a few days ago. That post you sent around was from FEBRUARY 23RD. So right there, you're lying. Just like you were with all the shit you told Amanda (and who knows who else) that I said to you or about you. Hell, maybe even most of the shit you post on here. 

And let me clear something up: This whole thing about how I treat/feel about women. Let me explain something to you, I've been raised my whole life by a single mother. I LOVE women. I have the biggest appreciation and respect for women. Most of the things I say in here aren't meant to be taken seriously. I like to joke around a lot. Not to mention its the internet so most of the time sarcasm is hard to read. The majority members of this thread are men correct? Most of the comments I make regarding women are the same things that most dudes say to each other. Does that make it appropriate and right? No. But that's just the way it is. I don't think men are superior to women. Do I think the girls I dated in the past are horrible people? Yes. And most of the things I say regarding women are towards them. Not all in general. 

All in all I cant believe you took a little snarky comment about the fact you spend a lot of time on here and turned it into what you did. Dragging other people not even on this message board into this. Causing a ton of unnecessary drama. Does it make you feel good doing that? 

Hey Matt, I just reported your awesome post above and requested that a mod ban the BOTH of us temporarily. You because of your little "innocent" comment about Logan's internet time, and me for replying honestly and starting this spiral of stupidity.

Just fyi...

There should be a general test to see if people have etiquette and common sense before using any type of social media and message boards. 

So here goes. This thread is being locked as of now. 

After reading way too many of the last pages of this thread to get caught up on this drama and also speaking via PM and offline with some people, I can honestly say that plenty of actions were taken by all people involved that should not have been. At least some long thought and consideration should have been taken before acting. 

When things happen outside of the boards it is beyond any control any of us mods and admins can take. This has all reached a point where a few people have been greatly affected by what originated here. Affected in their personal lives to the point where relationships and employment may be affected in a very negative manner. This is the kind of things no one thinks about when acting out and aggressively behaving because they felt attacked and insulted and don't like a person's character and behavior on these boards. Conversely, the ones who are trying to defend themselves from the attacks get burnt as well. 

As far as I can see it, both Matt and Logan here are equally at fault. Matt, although initially not crossing any lines of insults or attacks (or even threats), should have just stopped after calling Logan out on her authority to give advice here. As soon as it was clear that she took issue to his "calling out", it should have stopped, but it kept going. On that same token, because Logan felt attacked on this matter, a very rash and damning action was taken in advising two off-board individuals of Matt's past behavior and/or comments. It may have been in complete confidence and privacy, but it evidently was not because it spread out and now has greatly affected (as far as I can see and know) Matt's relation with this girl and his job(s). 

I am not going to ban or suspend neither Matt nor Logan. Or any of the people who took sides here. All I expect to happen is that y'all take a long look and think about what took place here and how it can affect people in real life. Especially when no thought of consequence is put into it. if you want to act like heathens w/o any care for what happens, then start posting at 4Chan. You're welcome to leave. 

But bear in mind that in the years that the VC boards and community has been around, posters and people have made real life connections and friendships with each other. It does trickle out. It happens. How you behave here may end up affecting you in the outside and it's entirely up to each of you to act responsibly and treat each other with a basic level of civility and decorum. It ain't rocket science.