MAN ADVICE

im so proud of myself right now! if you guys eventually get married as a result of an awesome first date, i think you should let me dj the wedding. deal?

ronnie, if things go well enough with that girl, you can make the distance work. even if its something youve never even considered before, its worth it. trust me.

i dont drink coffee, so coffee houses mean nothing to me. i feel like its a a dating tool that i missed out on, but coffee is just disgusting. so the whole scene pretty much eludes me.

my girlfriend and i were quick to send each other mix tapes when things were first starting. gonna be honest, they were cd's. but when you meet on a brand new forum, its hard to not call them mix tapes. (it was short unlike the distance)

i think that was the first time anyone made me a mix (or three for that matter) where they really personalized it, and put their heart into it. its something i would always do, but never got it in return. so that was a pretty good sign...

This thread both makes me happy and sad that I am a crazy person who hates most everything.

Dating is work. I hate work. Therefore I don't date. Unless of course they make is easy for me and just flat out tell me I should ask them out. Sadly enough I've only dated lady-people who have overtly told me it's time I ask them out.

To be actually helpful, although late to the party, here are my patented dates that always seem to go over well.

Go to a psychic and get your palm read or tarot cards or whatever. It's a great converstation starter. I like going and getting palms read then heading over to a coffee shop and just chatting.

Find a pottery class and go and make something together. Again it sparks converstation and gets you intimate. Then head out for Sushi.

Best first date I ever took a girl on was to a couples massage. Then just pick up a pizza and back to your place to watch a movie and just relax. Takes the first date jitters and just makes everything chill.

So how did the date go?

I had my first date with a gal tonight and I'm so smitten its ridiculous. So side question- girl is only in town for a month and we both really dig each other; do I pursue in hopes of an awesome month and who knows, or just nip it out now so nobody is hurt later?

Definately do it! When I met my fiance, I was living in Charleston SC and she was living in Chattanooga, TN and about to go to school in Gadsden AL. We met at a concert in Atlanta, and exchanged phone #s and started talking. We then met up again at another concert in ATL, and I drove up to Chatt afterwards and (again) it went really well. About a month or so later, she came to visit me in Charleston and after a romantic dinner and night on the beach, and another concert the following night we started dating. We would take trips to see each other about once a month or more and used Skype to keep in touch and kinda see each other otherwise. Sometimes, we would meet in Atlanta, or I would drive out to Gadsden or Chatt to see her. Things were going so well, when I graduated college, I decided to move out to Gadsden to move in with her. The rest is history. Anyways, I definately do approve of long distance relationships. If you love each other enough, you will find a way to make it work. Go for it man!

all this talk makes me want to go out on a date just to have fun. too bad i don't know any females and asking customers out always comes off creepy even though i always have the best intentions. :(

Sometimes it's a numbers game. The old "throw enough shit at a wall and some of it will stick" saying. Just don't take it to the point you get harassment complaints or anything.

Definately do it! When I met my fiance, I was living in Charleston SC and she was living in Chattanooga, TN and about to go to school in Gadsden AL. We met at a concert in Atlanta, and exchanged phone #s and started talking. We then met up again at another concert in ATL, and I drove up to Chatt afterwards and (again) it went really well. About a month or so later, she came to visit me in Charleston and after a romantic dinner and night on the beach, and another concert the following night we started dating. We would take trips to see each other about once a month or more and used Skype to keep in touch and kinda see each other otherwise. Sometimes, we would meet in Atlanta, or I would drive out to Gadsden or Chatt to see her. Things were going so well, when I graduated college, I decided to move out to Gadsden to move in with her. The rest is history. Anyways, I definately do approve of long distance relationships. If you love each other enough, you will find a way to make it work. Go for it man!

My fiancee and I dated long distance for 2.5 years (and it was the first 2.5 years of our relationship). Ain't no shame in doing it.

all this talk makes me want to go out on a date just to have fun. too bad i don't know any females and asking customers out always comes off creepy even though i always have the best intentions. :(

I've met most of the girls that I've been in relationships with, gone on dates, or simply just let me touch their butts, based on the customer interaction. I've either worked coffee or retail for most of my life. Just be charming, flirty, and confident. if the girl is single, half the time she'll make sure to want to be around you again. You really have nothing to lose. That is unless, you tell her you want to wear her skin as your wedding jacket.

I've met most of the girls that I've been in relationships with, gone on dates, or simply just let me touch their butts, based on the customer interaction. I've either worked coffee or retail for most of my life. Just be charming, flirty, and confident. if the girl is single, half the time she'll make sure to want to be around you again. You really have nothing to lose. That is unless, you tell her you want to wear her skin as your wedding jacket.

So true. Even if you get shot down, its not you were talking to them anyways.

Also, maybe it sounds cheesy, but I do my best just to find a way to simply tell a gal that she's pretty; not hot or anything that would offend somebody. Every girl should know that she's pretty. Confidence is key.

oh i do this all the time. i flirt and fuck around with customers whenever possible. i compliment women from time to time, but it really doesn't get anywhere. most of the time i do it unknowingly and my boss gets mad. but she assumes sometimes that i'm hitting on women when i'm just being polite. if she sees me overly polite to an attractive female, she's a total cock block and tells me to hurry up in front of the customer. its embarrasing. so now i just run em through like cattle so she doesn't say shit. i'm almost over that job..

so what do you men like to do?

*insert Tracy Morgan gagging sound here* <--- We love hearing that.

Seriously though, movie and a bite to eat either before or after would be rad to me. Either way, have fun...especially since he is paying. ;)

hahahaha... so thats what happened! i meant to post this in the thread where ronnie was showing off how many D's he sucks. that guy chugs some serious cock guys.. im jealous!

Date #2 is tomorrow, we walked by a planetarium on the first date and I mentioned how I like them so he's taking me there. I really appreciated how observant he was.