to open or not open...so long, astoria.

What is with everyone up in arms about keeping things sealed? If there is going to be a repress, why not? I'm not about to flip my sealed records or hang it on a wall. My relationship of command is still sealed, and I KNOW it's getting a repress..Omar is probably going to tinker with mix and my original is going to be the only way it sounds with wallaces' mix, so I'm going to keep that shit pure...I'll open it someday but I'd rather hear it the way Omar wanted. I'll open it someday but the cd is fine with me.

If it's not getting

repressed...by all means, spin it!

What is with everyone up in arms about keeping things sealed? If there is going to be a repress, why not? I'm not about to flip my sealed records or hang it on a wall. My relationship of command is still sealed, and I KNOW it's getting a repress..Omar is probably going to tinker with mix and my original is going to be the only way it sounds with wallaces' mix, so I'm going to keep that shit pure...I'll open it someday but I'd rather hear it the way Omar wanted. I'll open it someday but the cd is fine with me.

because first and foremost records are intended to be heard. not to sit on a bookshelf and collect dust. they aren't baseball cards. it's like buying a new/vintage guitar only to have it sit in a case in your closet. total beanie baby mentality from a new jack generation mindset.

buy records, listen to them. enjoy!

While I do appreciate the smart-ass sentiment, there are realistically a lot of factors to consider. How old is the car? What kind of car is it? What condition is it in? How secure are you with your masculinity?

Not to mention what colour it is, how many were made. And will you be able to sell it for more down the track if you don't drive it

[clever]I defend dolts on the internet with my witty use of faux-coding and Dexter-ripoff signature that I probably spent too much time coming up with and tweaking to perfection.[/clever]

How do you even know their money is "hard earned"? What if their parents or family just hands them money to throw away on records so they can collect dust on a shelf? What if they sold drugs to impressionable young kids? You have no clue...sounds about right.