Baroness Red & Blue available @ normal price on eBay

So tired of reading about color value BS. Vinyl variant scarcity value is the stupidest symptom of vinyl consumption.

That said, my Blue came from IVWT and is coke bottle blue with rainbow splatter. Giving it to my brother....that was the plan all along by the way.

what is the deal with all these vinyl purist? It's nice to know I can sell a record and pay my electric bill if needed, long live variants!

I've got variants that are worth plenty too but I only have them because I like the color not because its worth enough to feed small towns. Its just stupid because the whole point of pressing more copies of albums is to spread them among more people who want a copy but the more variants they make the more people start to blow up the value because its "this is one of only 200 green copies! $800 makes it yours!!! WOOO!" and I'm over here like, "I just want to hear it."

Variants are awesome and stuff but the culture of variants is pathetically human and avaricious.

They just put up the numbers McPherson. /5000 for both Red and Blue. Glad you got the color for both.

Sweet. Thanks. I was gonna double check the site before I posted that but I figured it wouldn't be up. At least that's a damn good amount.

• 5 months later...

To anyone who has acquired the most recent press on black for Red and Blue, do you have any thoughts/reviews on the overall sound and playback of this press? I'm thinking about grabbing all three full lengths on black because I've found myself to be leaning toward plain black vinyl more and more these days. I just want to know if they sound at least as good as the previous presses from Relapse.

Thanks!

There shouldn't be any differences between the current and past pressings unless the plates were mysteriously sabotaged.

Actually, it isn't recommended to press more than about 1000 to 2000 copies per set of plates so they either used the old ones for another 5000 records or did a recut and made new plates. In either scenario the issue of fidelity is called into question. If they used the old plates there could be significant degradation to the negative grooves after stamping out the previous batches and if they cut new plates they may have done a poorer job than the last time. My current copies sound awesome so I was just hoping the new black presses also sounded awesome.