Feedback System

thebiglebowski

1) Those captchas are too hard. Took me several tries to get one right. Maybe it was just a small sample size thing, though.

2) Make posting a link to a sale thread optional. "paid quick" or "shipped well" is all anyone cares about. Should be really quick and easy. No need to search for threads to give a link.

In regards to the captchas, they really do keep out the spam. I know they're a pain, but believe me, I've seen boards get over run by fake accounts without it on.

As for 2, I've forwarded it Jenna. They're working on that whole side.

Update: Just got word for her: " We put the link there so if anyone wants to dispute a negative comment, they have a reference."

• 3 weeks later...

I have tried to leave feedback at least 30 times but can NEVER get past the captcha.

If you ever wonder why nobody is really using the feedback system it is probably because they can't.

Beyond frustrating.

Had this exact same experience. I've been unable to leave positive feedback for several members now thanks to continually receiving an error message, despite knowing for damn sure I've typed in the captcha correctly.

Edit: I actually receive a message about how a required field has not been filled in or something. There's only 5 fields to fill in and they are definitely filled in every time. So annoying.

I use the Peoplesign captcha on a board I run. It's incredibly easy to understand (you literally just match pictures to each other like in kindergarten) but it's odd enough that spam almost never gets through.

Also, the sales thread link should for sure be an option, but not a requirement. I left feedback for a member last week, but he had deleted the sales thread because he already sold everything. I ended up just linking to a different sales thread (from the same member, though).

• 2 weeks later...

I use the Peoplesign captcha on a board I run. It's incredibly easy to understand (you literally just match pictures to each other like in kindergarten) but it's odd enough that spam almost never gets through.

Also, the sales thread link should for sure be an option, but not a requirement. I left feedback for a member last week, but he had deleted the sales thread because he already sold everything. I ended up just linking to a different sales thread (from the same member, though).

I'll see if there is a version of this for iPBoards - this kinda change I gotta run by Danny (prcdc) first.

• 2 weeks later...