PO: Mumford and Sons - Babel

Just got this in. The included download is a rip of the test press. Is this a normal thing for bands to do? Maybe it's just me but when I'm listening to this in my car and whatnot I'd prefer just the normal digital files. If I wanted to hear the record I'd just spin it! Anyway, pumped to have this.

What do you mean? Like all one track?

I don't see how so many people like this band.. It's so silly IMO. They play the same song over and over. If you wanna listen to good folk try fleet foxes and tallest man on earth if you haven't.

Is this any better than the first one?

personally a fan of both of those said bands, but mumford is great in my opinion too. Don't know how you are exactly knocking on the band without listening to this album first.

Below My Feet is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard all year.

personally a fan of both of those said bands, but mumford is great in my opinion too. Don't know how you are exactly knocking on the band without listening to this album first.

Below My Feet is one of the most beautiful songs I've heard all year.

I've heard a couple songs and didn't really want to go on because it sounded just like the first.

What do you mean? Like all one track?

The tracks are separate. But instead on including a normal digital version like from iTunes they ripped it directly from the test press. Sounds decent enough but from the couple minutes I listened you could hear pops and such. I would just rather have say an iTunes version since I have the record.

The tracks are separate. But instead on including a normal digital version like from iTunes they ripped it directly from the test press. Sounds decent enough but from the couple minutes I listened you could hear pops and such. I would just rather have say an iTunes version since I have the record.

Oh wow that is strange.

So the outer sticker says 180 gram / 100% virgin vinyl. Anyone know what virgin vinyl means? I haven't ever seen that term used before...

haven't heard the term before either, but wiki tells me,

Vinyl straps are normally composed of virgin or non-virgin vinyl.

Virgin vinyl is new vinyl manufactured and extruded with the original vinyl chemical solution being used. The chemicals and color pigments are pristine, and the entire production process is new and sterile from the beginning. This form of vinyl strapping has great recovery when stretched, the colors are sharp and clear, and its protection from ultra violet rays is very good. Stain-resistant chemicals are built into the product, increasing its lifespan and protecting its appearance.

Non-virgin vinyl is only used to make black or grey extruded products. Vinyl that has been recycled from old straps that have not sold because a color was discontinued or from used straps that have been removed from old furniture are ground up into small bits and melted. Then, black colorant is added and the solution is reformed into screen spline, rub rail and other non furniture straps products. This process eliminates the features of original virgin vinyl.

I picked up an extra copy of this along with one of the posters at Grimeys last night. Did anyone miss out getting the vinyl/poster combo?

I actually bought mine on Amazon before I heard they were giving out posters as well, or else I would have purchased from my local store... Would have liked one... Oh well...

Edit: I got mine in the mail today. Like krisakarcher said above, the album art truly is a sight in person and the packaging is very well made. Something that I was surprised by was the download code being a rip from vinyl. I think that is something pretty cool that I, personally, haven't seen before. The card states, "...ripped from the vinyl test pressing..." This is something I would like to see more often.

I actually bought mine on Amazon before I heard they were giving out posters as well, or else I would have purchased from my local store... Would have liked one... Oh well...

Edit: I got mine in the mail today. Like krisakarcher said above, the album art truly is a sight in person and the packaging is very well made. Something that I was surprised by was the download code being a rip from vinyl. I think that is something pretty cool that I, personally, haven't seen before. The card states, "...ripped from the vinyl test pressing..." This is something I would like to see more often.

You want a lower quality digital download?

lol I haven't heard a lot of debate between people regarding digital vinyl rips vs. regular digital versions. I wonder why people who like digital vinyl rips...like them.

It has that organic sound from the vinyl. You know the way it was meant to be heard.

xerox.jpg