PO: Mumford and Sons - Babel

Yeah, I got that. But does a digital vinyl rip really retain what people love about vinyl? I'm asking out of a lack of experience hearing vinyl rips because well, I listen to my vinyl on a record player as I'm guessing most other people do around here.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I have no idea why someone would prefer a vinyl rip over a normal digital download. Its like that fucking app that you can add pops and hisses to your mp3s.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic. I have no idea why someone would prefer a vinyl rip over a normal digital download. Its like that fucking app that you can add pops and hisses to your mp3s.

Haha no worries. I wouldn't know either but I know some people out there like ripping their vinyl to digital and I can't recall ever having seen a discussion over the reasons for this. It would seem to me that a significant part of why people enjoy hearing vinyl is due to the delivery mode--speakers, turntable, needle, etc.--and all of that becomes pointless when you're hearing a vinyl rip in digital form. I dunno...I don't know enough about this to be talking about it.

Something that I was surprised by was the download code being a rip from vinyl. I think that is something pretty cool that I, personally, haven't seen before. The card states, "...ripped from the vinyl test pressing..." This is something I would like to see more often.

They do it for the hipsters.

Something that I was surprised by was the download code being a rip from vinyl. I think that is something pretty cool that I, personally, haven't seen before. The card states, "...ripped from the vinyl test pressing..." This is something I would like to see more often.

They did this with their 10" split for RSD this year as well.

Still haven't received mine from SRC yet, but here is the crazy thing. I ordered jerseys from china last tuesday and just saw the tracking and they are currently out for delivery to my house today, however; the tracking for my LP has an expected date of the 29th...

Also, I emailed Jenna saying how I already have the Covering Ground LP, but never got the koozies, if it was possible to score those from her and she replied:

Hey Kevin,

In your next SRC order just request them in the comments. If we have any left they will throw in some for you!

Jenna

Which is cool with me, but I just looked at my order and they charged me for them. Yes its a dollar, so I don't care about that aspect, but hey, if it was something more than a dollar I would of been pretty pissed to have that added without my knowledge to my order.

EDIT: insert jesse lacey owes me a dollar joke somewhere

I get your point, but that isn't a very good argument.

What does going to the show add to the poster? A sentimental feeling of "man I went to that show it was cool." It doesn't make the poster any better looking. Someone may ask you if you went to the show and you can just lie and say yes. They will think you are just as cool as if you had actually gone to the show.

What does going to the show add to the poster? A sentimental feeling of "man I went to that show it was cool." It doesn't make the poster any better looking. Someone may ask you if you went to the show and you can just lie and say yes. They will think you are just as cool as if you had actually gone to the show.

but still, just having gone to the show doesn't give you the ability to have and watch that show anytime you feel like it, which is the purpose of buying movies. I'm not saying the having the poster is pointless like the other guy said, i think it's really cool they are giving them out for free.