Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

UO says this will get a second pressing, once the first run of 1000 is gone.

Third pressing.. 1st pressing is on black and not exclusive to anywhere. I wonder if the next one will be green. The green press isn't doing too well in stores as every one I go to still has like 12 copies of it.

Third pressing.. 1st pressing is on black and not exclusive to anywhere. I wonder if the next one will be green. The green press isn't doing too well in stores as every one I go to still has like 12 copies of it.

Actually, I was referring only to the green UO pressings, which will get a second run due to popular sales. The first run of 1000 on green is almost gone.

Actually, I was referring only to the green UO pressings, which will get a second run due to popular sales. The first run of 1000 on green is almost gone.

I'm sorry if I came off as mean... wasn't trying to be. the UO press came out quite a while after the original black pressing, which is why I assumed the green to be a 2nd press. Yes, it is the 1st UO press. As for another UO exclusive repress, maybe where you are they are gone, but there are like 15 Urbans within 50 miles of my house, all of which are well overstocked with this. At 28 dollars a piece, its not the easiest sell.

I went to Urban after class tonight. So many records, all overpriced. I asked one of the people working if their vinyl ever went on sale anymore and she replied that it hasn't happened in a long time. I remember picking up the postal service album and the sunny day real estate reissues there for like 9.50 a piece. Must have been a long time ago.

I went to Urban after class tonight. So many records, all overpriced. I asked one of the people working if their vinyl ever went on sale anymore and she replied that it hasn't happened in a long time. I remember picking up the postal service album and the sunny day real estate reissues there for like 9.50 a piece. Must have been a long time ago.

I got Bon Iver on red for 10 in October.

What are the odds of finding the m83 hurry up we're dreaming special edition vinyl at a random UO these days? Impossible or just rare? 

Would they be able to order it from their stockhouse or is it out of print already? 

long out of print, havent heard of anyone just 'finding' a copy randomly like grimes 

Speaking of Grimes, last time I went to UO I saw a copy of her album there. Is it guaranteed to be the limited press? Didn't see a sticker or anything on the front of it stating so.

Regular black print is common, it's the lavender vinyl version, which has a sticker on the cover indicating it, which is rare

usually instead of putting albums on sale they just send them back to the warehouse..for some reason. if one slips through the cracks of consolidation, it will ring up as $4.99, and thats all you have to pay.

Has anybody found Explosions in the Sky at their local shop?

I found The Earth is... and All of the Sudden...

All of the Sudden... was open(they have stations were you can listen to them) and the sleeve was pretty beat up so I asked what the price was and if there would be a discount given its condition.  Since All the Sudden didn't have the barcode anymore, they looked up the price of The Earth is... and told me they could give me a 10% discount for the sleeve. So they wanted $20 for it and with the 10% discount, it would come out to $18 which is more then you can get it new from the label.

My question is: is this normal for UO? I know the person that helped me about new nothing about vinyl from the way talking about it, but do you think I would've gotten a better deal from someone knowledgable about vinyl?

Has anybody found Explosions in the Sky at their local shop?

I found The Earth is... and All of the Sudden...

All of the Sudden... was open(they have stations were you can listen to them) and the sleeve was pretty beat up so I asked what the price was and if there would be a discount given its condition.  Since All the Sudden didn't have the barcode anymore, they looked up the price of The Earth is... and told me they could give me a 10% discount for the sleeve. So they wanted $20 for it and with the 10% discount, it would come out to $18 which is more then you can get it new from the label.

My question is: is this normal for UO? I know the person that helped me about new nothing about vinyl from the way talking about it, but do you think I would've gotten a better deal from someone knowledgable about vinyl?

At my Urban Outfitters I had a similar situation where I found a copy of the Yo Gabba Gabba record ($20~) that had the plastic wrap removed. I asked an employee if there was a discount for open records. They talked to their manager about it and then told me they could sell it to me for $9 (no returns allowed). Everything was in great condition.

yes. theyve even refused to give me a cheaper price for the opened display copy with a bent up sleeve. 

At my Urban Outfitters I had a similar situation where I found a copy of the Yo Gabba Gabba record ($20~) that had the plastic wrap removed. I asked an employee if there was a discount for open records. They talked to their manager about it and then told me they could sell it to me for $9 (no returns allowed). Everything was in great condition.

So I guess it's just the luck of the draw then...good to know!

Thanks!

yesterday, i stopped by my local urban. and after spending about 9 seconds in the vinyl section, i knew i needed to talk to somebody. fortunately, i know the guy who's responsible for that section of the store, but i needed to let him know that their record display was simply unacceptable. there were about 40 records too many stuffed into these shelves and no sense or order. i didn't expect to buy anything in there in the first place, but when you can't even flip through without having to actually pick up each piece (or just bend the shit out of every one around it), it gets brutal. especially if they're in an every third sort of fashion, where you're mind-numbingly picking up mumford and sons, youth lagoon, bob marley, mumford and sons, youth lagoon, bob marley...

but yeah, long story short. once i mentioned to this guy that it was bad for the records to be stored like this in the first place, he happily obliged, and started removing stacks of them. 

did i do good?

yesterday, i stopped by my local urban. and after spending about 9 seconds in the vinyl section, i knew i needed to talk to somebody. fortunately, i know the guy who's responsible for that section of the store, but i needed to let him know that their record display was simply unacceptable. there were about 40 records too many stuffed into these shelves and no sense or order. i didn't expect to buy anything in there in the first place, but when you can't even flip through without having to actually pick up each piece (or just bend the shit out of every one around it), it gets brutal. especially if they're in an every third sort of fashion, where you're mind-numbingly picking up mumford and sons, youth lagoon, bob marley, mumford and sons, youth lagoon, bob marley...

but yeah, long story short. once i mentioned to this guy that it was bad for the records to be stored like this in the first place, he happily obliged, and started removing stacks of them. 

did i do good?

I was at an UO couple weeks ago, everything was so stuffed and packed you had to pull out each vinyl individually to see what it was, a pain in the ass