Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

It varies between UOs how they display.

I went to one today that had a section of ~20 records on sale

I went to another that had sale records randomly stuffed in with the others

And I went to a third that had a MASSIVE section of probably ~100 records on sale

Snagged for 9.99 each

Television - Marquee Moon

Grieves - Winter and the Wolves

Yo La Tengo - Popular Songs

Fennesz - Endless Summer (stoked on this one)

My lady got:

Andrew Bird - Noble Beast

Jose Gonzalez - In Our Nature

I'll probably head to the one in Pasadena tomorrow to find some of these deals.

Two weeks ago, their sale section had shrunk to one half of a tiny section, hidden at the foot of a rack, that had maybe 4 LPs and 4 copies of the Cliff Martinez Ryan Gosling movie 7". I welcome a new sale crop.

Two weeks ago, their sale section had shrunk to one half of a tiny section, hidden at the foot of a rack, that had maybe 4 LPs and 4 copies of the Cliff Martinez Ryan Gosling movie 7". I welcome a new sale crop.

Classic UO. To think I was just about to go. You live around southern ca? Which UO do you recommend that has a bigger LP sale section? 

Classic UO. To think I was just about to go. You live around southern ca? Which UO do you recommend that has a bigger LP sale section? 

The Pasadena sale section was fine at first, maybe 10-12 different titles were in stock and on sale, but the same items were on sale for months and months, so eventually they all sold and there were no new items that replaced those titles.

The Hollywood and Vine (?) UO next to Amoeba had a slightly better selection a few months ago, in comparison to Pasadena.  They have a metal cart on the floor to the side of their regular priced vinyl that had maybe 30-40 pieces in it.

What I've done in the past is research on VC to see what titles are at $9.99 (or $5 during their 50% sales) and then order them online at the register with an employee (free shipping to your house!).  Both times I've done it, their dumb iPhones didn't connect to the online server so they had to manually call in the orders and it took 30-45 minutes each time.  The first time, the person on the other side of the phone didn't want to give me the sale LPs for $5 so I had to politely take the phone from the employee and explain that the items are $9.99 in store & there is a 50% sale etc. etc.

The above "order online in-store" method also works if you find an album you want in-store but it's trashed.  I would also recommend explicitly asking for a warehouse copy of the LP so that they don't send you another trashed copy from the UO in the next city.

For real San Diego has like 4 locations usually has gold items (basing this off my experience between OC/LA/SF)

Same here dude, Gaslamp spot is a literal mine of gold, last 2 times I went they had a stack of like 9 Connan Mockasin numbered Caramels for 9.99 and a fairly large sale section as of last week, OC spots all kinda blow but I found a Slow Focus and Anchorman 2 Soundtrack once, both were 9.99 as well but damn that was months ago..

yea man, I found fucking Loveless-My Bloody Valentine at the Hillcrest store x amount of years ago haha, and they had that Lou Reed for 7.99 cause it had a dinged corner that I regret not picking up now, and shit for the longest time they all had Toro Y Moi on that marbled vinyl (huge regret) everytime I see things at UO I blow it off for the most part thinking no way people are actually gonna buy these copies

Santa Monica has a HUGE sale section at the moment even though there wasn't a ton that interested me. I was however able to pick up Sufjan Stevens "Enjoy Your Rabbit" and Youth Lagoon "Wondrous Bughouse" for $10 each

For $100 I scored:

Yo La Tengo - Electro-Pura

I'm Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass (2 LP)

Popular Songs (2 LP)

The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams (2 LP)

Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne

Bonnie Prince Billy Plays The Best Of Palace (2 LP)

Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies (2LP)

The Small Faces - s/t

Codeine - The White Birch (2 LP + CD)

Soul Jazz Presents The Studio One Sound (2 LP)

For $100 I scored:

Yo La Tengo - Electro-Pura

I'm Not Afraid Of You And I Will Beat Your Ass (2 LP)

Popular Songs (2 LP)

The Hold Steady - Teeth Dreams (2 LP)

Uncle Tupelo - Anodyne

Bonnie Prince Billy Plays The Best Of Palace (2 LP)

Destroyer - Destroyer's Rubies (2LP)

The Small Faces - s/t

Codeine - The White Birch (2 LP + CD)

Soul Jazz Presents The Studio One Sound (2 LP)

Jesus fuck.

All of those LP titles just scream, "Yeah, I shop at Urban Outfitters."

Except the Small Faces. I could go for that.