Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

1 hour ago, Hairy Potter said:

I was able to get Arcade Fire - Reflektor for $6 , R.E.M. - Green & Morrissey - Your Arsenal  for $9  each with the 40% off markdown items sale. Couldn't find any of those $2 records but I'm happy with the deals I got.

Damn. I saw so many Arcade Fire LP's over the last week and had no idea they were on sale.  For that matter the staff didn't know any of this stuff was on sale until it rang up. 

1 hour ago, Hairy Potter said:

I was able to get Arcade Fire - Reflektor for $6 , R.E.M. - Green & Morrissey - Your Arsenal  for $9  each with the 40% off markdown items sale. Couldn't find any of those $2 records but I'm happy with the deals I got.

Damn. I saw so many Arcade Fire LP's over the last week and had no idea they were on sale.  For that matter the staff didn't know any of this stuff was on sale until it rang up. 

1 minute ago, psus2h said:

I had 3 different employee's who were all completely surprised as well but one thing I heard that might help some people is they said with the uo insider app you can actually scan the albums to see the sale prices yourself (after I had them scan 30-40 albums they suggested I should try it haha).. I ended up not going back to the rack to try it myself but it would be a nice tool to have if it does work.

47 minutes ago, hype said:

I had 3 different employee's who were all completely surprised as well but one thing I heard that might help some people is they said with the uo insider app you can actually scan the albums to see the sale prices yourself (after I had them scan 30-40 albums they suggested I should try it haha).. I ended up not going back to the rack to try it myself but it would be a nice tool to have if it does work.

SON OF A BISCH!!!!!!!

ive been to UO over 15 times in the last two weeks spread across ten stores and no one ever mentioned the ability to price check from the app.  Ugh. 

Edited by psus2h

• 1 month later...

Semi-vinyl related, but if anyone sees one of those Crosley suitcase record players in the Palm Leaves print (AV Room model) in the clearance section of their store for under $120, hit me up. My store had them on clearance, but alas they are gone. Need to grab one as an Xmas gift for someone casually trying to get into vinyl who needs something simple to work with.

Edited by californiaflow

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/4/2016 at 2:09 PM, AdamJNovak said:

It looks like the purple variant of the Solange record has been delayed until 3/3/2017... 

I was looking at buying this variant as my sole copy.  I read on amazon that the standard pressing has playback problems (skipping).  One review on UO says it skips, assuming they have the black copy.

I'm thinking since this is a repress, the error could be fixed.  If not free returns yo!

Edited by firefoxussr

40 minutes ago, firefoxussr said:

I was looking at buying this variant as my sole copy.  I read on amazon that the standard pressing has playback problems (skipping).  One review on UO says it skips, assuming they have the black copy.

I'm thinking since this is a repress, the error could be fixed.  If not free returns yo!

Thankfully, it got pushed up from March to 1/6/17. So hopefully we only have to wait around a week for it to come out?

Happened to pop into the location near me and saw a ton of vinyl on sale. 

Picked up Motion City Soundtrack - Panic Stations for $2. 

Anyone know if this clearance sale is ongoing? Most records were $9-$14 but the sign said all records were $9. When I took a couple up, they didn't register as on sale. Wasn't worth trying to get them to mark them down. Although I will come back if this is an ongoing thing. It was the first time I've seen it in my store, though. 

Anyone get sale prices through there barcode reader part of the app? Finally tried it today for the first time and everything I scanned either came up full price or just did not show a price at all even the stuff in the sale section. They make it a nightmare to find anything on clearance. I would have loved to pick up some more deals but I ended up just leaving with nothing.

Walked into mine here in NO, and asked the guy in the record section if any were on sale and he pointed me to the 'sale wing.' They only had a handful of records, most of which I didn't even recognize the artist. Did snag a copy of A3 - From Here To Infirmary for $5.99 + tax after 40% off (it was marked 9.99 on sale). 

15 hours ago, AdamJNovak said:

Thankfully, it got pushed up from March to 1/6/17. So hopefully we only have to wait around a week for it to come out?

I just came home to a package from UO and lo and behold it was the purple variant! Haven't listened to it yet so can't speak to the pressing quality but can confirm they are already being shipped.

3 hours ago, somethingvinyl said:

Walked into mine here in NO, and asked the guy in the record section if any were on sale and he pointed me to the 'sale wing.' They only had a handful of records, most of which I didn't even recognize the artist. Did snag a copy of A3 - From Here To Infirmary for $5.99 + tax after 40% off (it was marked 9.99 on sale). 

How did you get the extra 40% off?

8 hours ago, [Banned User] said:

How did you get the extra 40% off?

Yeah what psus2h said. I usually get emails from UO and I typically ignore them. But it was a 30% sale online and 40% in the store.

They also had a copy of the Crosses LP which was on sale for $14.99 before the 40%. So it would have been $9 before tax. It was, however, not in shrink, all the corners were dinged, and the sleeve was mangled. They even stuck the price tag with the anti-theft sticker on the sleeve itself. Getting that off would have assuredly caused even more damage to the sleeve.