Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

• 2 weeks later...

40% off on sale items starts tomorrow and goes through the weekend! Check for them rekkids, y'all. (you'll have a much better chance at finding sale records in-store, since the online sale selection is pretty dismal atm)

I'm going to all four ATL stores on Friday, mostly for the clothes, but I'm not gonna say no to a few new albums if I find some good ones.

Edited by Aych

25 minutes ago, Aych said:

40% off on sale items starts tomorrow and goes through the weekend! Check for them rekkids, y'all. (you'll have a much better chance at finding sale records in-store, since the online sale selection is pretty dismal atm)

I'm going to all four ATL stores on Friday, mostly for the clothes, but I'm not gonna say no to a few new albums if I find some good ones.

Thanks for the heads up

11 hours ago, Aych said:

Post back and let me know what you find... I am going to try and make it to Perimeter and Avalon at least

11 hours ago, Aych said:

Online it's "home sale" only. Is it everything in stores?

Edited by TheGreatMrY

On 2/22/2018 at 10:01 AM, nardes said:

Post back and let me know what you find... I am going to try and make it to Perimeter and Avalon at least

Just go to Lenox if you can, tbh. The other stores had some sale vinyl, but Lenox had the best selection.

I grabbed Thirty Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie and the orchestral recording of the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST for $12.50 total (plus a shirt, a phone case, and a pair of Vans at one of the other stores), so it was a pretty good sale on sale for me.

17 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

How do you know what records are on sale? Whenever I hit up UO, their sale section is like 6 copies of some rapper no one cares about and 4 copies of some R&B chick no one cares about. Zelda? Wha? 

ask an associate to scan them, otherwise there’s no real way of knowing besides the actual sale section. I’ve had multiple things listed as a normal price ring up as 7.99 or 9.99 in the past so it’s worth a shot 

6 hours ago, Kanye West said:

I wish there was a list of records someone made like last time this happened a few years ago 

That would be nice since asking an employee there turns it into a complete shit show.  They say I have to go upstairs pick them out and then come back down, wait in line and then they can check for me. Then repeat if I want to know anymore. All hella awkward trying to carry 20 albums at once so I don't have to go back and forth a bunch. Only time it was worth doing this was when a bunch were $1-2 and even then I probably only got half of what I would have if there was an easier way.

The store I went to had a decent selection of sale stuff. 

Some stuff I can recall:

new At The Drive In lp

new The Used lp

It original soundtrack 

new Haim lp 

The Offspring - Ixnay on the Hombre 

Sturgill Simpson - A Sailors Guide to Earth

Soundgarden - Superunknown 

Father John Misty - Pure Comedy

Nightmare Before Christmas soundtrack

Edited by yeah_totally

idk if all stores do this, but since I'm my store's resident vinyl guy, I have our sale records marked on the front cover with huge stickers that say how much they are, and they're right next to all of the full price albums.

Most of the other UOs I've been to either have them mixed in with full price stuff (which is dumb as hell), or they'll have them in a box or crate off in the sale section. Better than the first way, but they can still get thrashed a bit by rabid sale shoppers.

I'm biased but I like my method the best, lol

2 hours ago, Aych said:

idk if all stores do this, but since I'm my store's resident vinyl guy, I have our sale records marked on the front cover with huge stickers that say how much they are, and they're right next to all of the full price albums.

Most of the other UOs I've been to either have them mixed in with full price stuff (which is dumb as hell), or they'll have them in a box or crate off in the sale section. Better than the first way, but they can still get thrashed a bit by rabid sale shoppers.

I'm biased but I like my method the best, lol

Hey, buddy. Could I trade you something if you can get an extra Zelda??!

Edited by tetsuodaironman