Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

3 hours ago, jhulud said:

Uh. OK. The Dua Lipa LP is shipping now. I guess they don't hold it til the Camila Cabello pre-order is on hand. Fine with me. Shipping was free.

That Camila record keeps getting pushed back for some reason, so the Dua Lipa probably got shipped from a store rather than a distribution center since the stores already have Dua in stock.

47 minutes ago, jhulud said:

Received my Dua Lipa LP today. In a bag. A bag! It was packed in a bag with nothing inside. A sealed bag with a mailing label. 

What in the fuck do these people think they're doing?!?! 

One time they sent me a record already opened and it looked like it had been chewed up. At least it did come in a record mailer.

If it's damaged just take it to a store and they'll replace it, most employees are known of the bullshit that goes on at their warehouses.

57 minutes ago, Reshiram454 said:

One time they sent me a record already opened and it looked like it had been chewed up. At least it did come in a record mailer.

If it's damaged just take it to a store and they'll replace it, most employees are known of the bullshit that goes on at their warehouses.

It's really weird they do this.  It's not even Mail order but instore too.  They always have a bunch of open damaged records they're trying to sell at full price.  Always wondered who the person was at my local store who bought that $35 beat to hell copy of Crazysexycool I had my eye on.

On 4/27/2018 at 5:33 PM, jhulud said:

Received my Dua Lipa LP today. In a bag. A bag! It was packed in a bag with nothing inside. A sealed bag with a mailing label. 

What in the fuck do these people think they're doing?!?! 

That would be an unfortunate Pack And Ship order. Online orders come from actual stores as well as distro centers, and most stores know how to pack a record because every store has LP mailers in the back, but sometimes you get a new associate who's tasked to do Pack And Ship in the morning and doesn't know what they're doing and can't pack something right to save their life. It's annoying af honestly.

The whole replacement LP for the Dua Lipa has reached comedy of errors levels. Received the replacement for the damaged one that had been sent out in just a bag. Arrived in proper LP mailer. OK. But looking it over noticed that the price sticker on the back was different (lower price) than then original. So opened the two records just to see if they were the same. Sure enough, the original damaged one was the Pink vinyl I had ordered, while the replacement one was the regular Black.

Had some back and forth with UO on Twitter messaging about this whole thing and they just told me to keep both copies. I guess I'm OK with that. But I do have to find the ridiculousness in the whole matter.

6 hours ago, jhulud said:

The whole replacement LP for the Dua Lipa has reached comedy of errors levels. Received the replacement for the damaged one that had been sent out in just a bag. Arrived in proper LP mailer. OK. But looking it over noticed that the price sticker on the back was different (lower price) than then original. So opened the two records just to see if they were the same. Sure enough, the original damaged one was the Pink vinyl I had ordered, while the replacement one was the regular Black.

Had some back and forth with UO on Twitter messaging about this whole thing and they just told me to keep both copies. I guess I'm OK with that. But I do have to find the ridiculousness in the whole matter.

sounds like Urbans gunna need some NEW RULES for how they ship vinyl

12 minutes ago, ejc625 said:

I’ve never purchased anything from UO, so I have no clue. I’m asking for an opinion since I don’t know if their exclusives usually sell out. 

If Britney and Christina sold out (fairly quickly if I remember) then I’d assume NSYNC would as well. Space Jam will probably last longer.