Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

3 minutes ago, arumajiro 零 一つ said:

Does UO vinyl take forever to ship for anyone else? It's been bouncing around the state of CA since the 19th, hasn't even gotten to an airport yet.

My orders always arrive at the projected date or before 

8 minutes ago, fanboy101 said:

Bought 5 clearance sale vinyl from two stores Thursday in nyc got mod sun  verite for 4.99 cuz was 14.99 but was still in my wishlist for 4.99 even if sold out online marian hill  betty who  kiiara(exclusive from 2016 I been wanting)  paid 32.61 cuz I used 3 rewards 

Are free rewards still randomly showing up in your email?

2 hours ago, Pupples said:

Are free rewards still randomly showing up in your email?

Nope they haven’t been they told me it was a glitch when I ask on Twitter why I kept get them when i was getting them.  I still have like 6 from earned and glitch 4 expire in next 7-11 days  I used 6 rewards in past 4 weeks 

Edited by fanboy101

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Love when they ship out shit and my bank account gets overdrawn without notice. Thanks UO!

That is why I only use paypal when paying places like UO as anyother way you forget and then next thing you know your bank account is less then you thought. With paypal it comes out right away. One of the reasons Bullmoose is not very good IMO .

I read on Discogs that the new Mark, Mission, Brand, Scar reissue sounds horrendous but I played my copy this week and it sounds average to me. It's very quiet and obviously not a made-for-vinyl master cut or anything but I didn't notice any of the colorfully described issues people had. I'm rocking a U-Turn Orbit, Grado Black 2 cartridge, Magni 2 headphone amp, Art DJ Pre II preamp, and Sennhesier HD-598 headphones, so I'm like upper low level setup. Does this pressing fall apart sound wise if you go lower or higher on the audiophile scale?

Edited by swb

1 hour ago, MyEnemy said:

Love when they ship out shit and my bank account gets overdrawn without notice. Thanks UO!

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if you have so little in your account that buying a record makes you go into over draft, maybe it's time to rethink some of your spending habits.

6 minutes ago, dethrock said:

I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if you have so little in your account that buying a record makes you go into over draft, maybe it's time to rethink some of your spending habits.

Not trying to tell you what to post but some of us are willing to live on bologna  for a couple weeks to buy records because our love of music and records is second only to oxygen, and due to our malnourishment we are occasionally forgetful and fuck up. 

As someone who has been both dead broke and well off, I have nothing but empathy for people who are broke and no judgment on how they spend their money. That life can suck really bad and you deal with some predatory BS that zaps up whatever excess energy or cash you have, so I'm in no place to tell someone how to get through it.

In my own experience, I've found it one million times easier to save money and spend smart when you have excess money coming in. When I was in my 20s and broke, I spent hundreds of dollars a year on overdraft fees (and balance minimum fees!) that I incurred from spending money on food, records, entertainment, gas, school, basically everything. It'd set me back for months and cause more late payments and more late fees. Since I've been well off, I've paid zero dollars on overdraft fees and I've been able to both save and spend smart. Why? Am I suddenly a responsible moral adult? No. It's just that now, when I make a stupid occasional mistake, there are almost zero consequences. I can accidentally spend too much on something and nothing happens. I can forget to pay something and I can easily afford the late fees. 

It is so so easy to  offer advice like "spend less!", so I get when people say that trying to be helpful, but I have to remember to reject that impulse and instead put myself back in that headspace of being broke and offer empathy rather than admonishment. It really is a racket being broke and if people want to buy records or do things that make life suck a little less, even if it costs them more money, I say go for it. :)