Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

41 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

After that bullshit diatribe, I'm very curious to what you're listening to that makes you the expert you claim to be?

Post history looks like a lot of Sufjan and Beach House... Which is weird cause I love both of them and I'm not a raging snob. Oh well, can't please everyone all the time.

(Also gonna say the "foisted on us because, you know." Line really rubs me the wrong way. Neither the fact that she's popular with LGBTQIA individuals or because she's a person of color is why she's popular and a super gross thing to insinuate)

Edited by vinny0190

13 hours ago, frutiger75 said:

lizzo.  are you kidding me? 

backing tracks + forklift + god knows what else do to a live show?

no thanks.

i'm not buying a record produced by, essentially, everyone other than the "artist" and foisted upon us simply because, well, you know...

she's not even above average vocally; indeed, actually she is the equivalent of a shitty, local lounge singer -- at best.  that slays me.  why are people so enamored with her?

what the hell are y'all listening to otherwise?   doo-doo?  

4 hours ago, vinny0190 said:

(Also gonna say the "foisted on us because, you know." Line really rubs me the wrong way. Neither the fact that she's popular with LGBTQIA individuals or because she's a person of color is why she's popular and a super gross thing to insinuate)

I don't think either of those are what he was referring to

Edited by Carden

On 6/15/2019 at 2:47 PM, vinny0190 said:

Post history looks like a lot of Sufjan and Beach House... Which is weird cause I love both of them and I'm not a raging snob. Oh well, can't please everyone all the time.

for the record, i dislike sufjan altogether...and beach house, save one album.

the clause "foisted on us because, you know..." was not intended in any way, shape, or form to reference, even indirectly, the LGBTQIA (i digress -- that acronym gets longer seemingly by the day...but i don't care...) community or persons of color. i was simply trying to (unsuccessfully, and, indeed controversially, apparently) express my dislike for music that strikes me as that which i am confounded as to why so many people go goo-goo over.

alas, to each his own; indeed, de gustibus non est disputandum.

i apologize if my comments came across that way; i'm not here to create havoc.

i collect / am connected with...in a somewhat weirdly attenuated way (yes, cryptic)...with one artist in particular -- whose genre of music lies far afield from either of those artists.

i hope this clears some air.

again, i apologize to all those who i offended.

Edited by frutiger75

On 6/15/2019 at 2:06 PM, MyEnemy said:

After that bullshit diatribe, I'm very curious to what you're listening to that makes you the expert you claim to be?

never claimed to be an expert on anything.

On 6/15/2019 at 1:49 AM, Carden said:

Are a lot of the records you own produced by the artist?

most, or, at the very least, have a substantial influence in production.  not a huge fan of outside influencers traipsing in; although, i admit, some outside production has, indeed, been "life-saving" for some albums.  i'm one of those people who are engaged in a select few artists in particular for extreme dedication to their product and not rely on a whole host of others to generate final material.

not to say that i don't listen to a whole bunch of other artists who aren't of that ilk, but yeah.

and i guess at this point i'm just gonna shut the hell up and hope people "like" the fact that i'm going to do so.  trying to make amends in some way, but, on this board -- tough crowd. lesson learned. civility going forward.

Edited by frutiger75

On 6/14/2019 at 11:04 PM, frutiger75 said:

lizzo.  are you kidding me? 

backing tracks + forklift + god knows what else do to a live show?

no thanks.

i'm not buying a record produced by, essentially, everyone other than the "artist" and foisted upon us simply because, well, you know...

she's not even above average vocally; indeed, actually she is the equivalent of a shitty, local lounge singer -- at best.  that slays me.  why are people so enamored with her?

what the hell are y'all listening to otherwise?   doo-doo?  

No, I don't think you were being homophobic. That wasn't your intent. You were very obviously being a fat shamer, which is a pretty dick thing to do.  Shutting up might be a good plan for you, but you might also want to just evolve as a human being.

Edited by lexicondevil

On 6/29/2019 at 3:32 PM, illuminographer said:

Sum 41 - Order in Decline - Red-in-Yellow limited to 300.

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/sum-41-order-in-decline-limited-lp

spacer.png

Thanks for this. Looking forward to this one. Thought about seeing if I could get it in store but with the low number I didn’t want to risk it. Not sure how they distribute stuff to the stores, or how many might be after it.

14 hours ago, bizzydesigner said:

Thanks for this. Looking forward to this one. Thought about seeing if I could get it in store but with the low number I didn’t want to risk it. Not sure how they distribute stuff to the stores, or how many might be after it.

I’m assuming it wasn’t on backorder when you bought it?