Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

21 minutes ago, rundmcc said:

Wow, totally was not expecting a repress of these records so soon, those variants look awesome! I already have all the Newbury Comics exclusive versions of these records but it's tempting to pick up these variants also.

Edited by illkeepyouinmind

just received a record in the mail from UO. They stuck it inbetween an unfolded box with the edges taped. . Shipped flat. Unfolded, the box was about 28" x 18". Of course it arrived destroyed. I'm wondering if I return it to have it replaced, what are the odds, the replacement will be sent the same way. Has anyone else received records shipped this way?

58 minutes ago, dreamover said:

just received a record in the mail from UO. They stuck it inbetween an unfolded box with the edges taped. . Shipped flat. Unfolded, the box was about 28" x 18". Of course it arrived destroyed. I'm wondering if I return it to have it replaced, what are the odds, the replacement will be sent the same way. Has anyone else received records shipped this way?

I am in a similar situation with Amoeba. It was technically a record mailer, but one on par with those flimsy cardboard mailers I'd usually expect from Europe. Might as well have been wrapped in newspaper. I'm just asking for a refund. They also want me to send the warped dish of a record back, so they can toss it in the trash? I haven't had problems with my UO orders, yet.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I am in a similar situation with Amoeba. It was technically a record mailer, but one on par with those flimsy cardboard mailers I'd usually expect from Europe. Might as well have been wrapped in newspaper. I'm just asking for a refund. They also want me to send the warped dish of a record back, so they can toss it in the trash? I haven't had problems with my UO orders, yet.

Don’t know what kind of mailers you’ve gotten from European sellers but I wish some of the records I’ve ordered from there came in packaging as strong as newspaper. 

53 minutes ago, unknown pleasures said:

Don’t know what kind of mailers you’ve gotten from European sellers but I wish some of the records I’ve ordered from there came in packaging as strong as newspaper. 

I did order a record from maybe Yugoslavia many years ago and it was wrapped in a couple of sheets of newspaper. I really don't know how the fuck the record arrived undamaged.

1 hour ago, lexicondevil said:

I did order a record from maybe Yugoslavia many years ago and it was wrapped in a couple of sheets of newspaper. I really don't know how the fuck the record arrived undamaged.

I bought a record from Japan a few years back. It came inside a black Disk Union plastic bag folded along the top edge and taped closed, with my address handwritten on a white index card and taped to the outside.