Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

48 minutes ago, MyckelJay said:

Notify me if you find one please. I ordered "Don't Forget" when they pressed it and it came damaged. Talked to support about exchanging it for about a month. Total clusterfuck. Their support is absolute garbage. In the end, they ended up just refunding me, although they promised a replacement. I was going to re-order when I saw that they pressed "Here We Go Again," but decided to hold out for a discount.

I recently ordered Britney Spears in the zone and they shipped me a copy of Britney lol

• 3 weeks later...

Alright so their customer service is totally worthless. I asked about my Kim Petras Turn off the lights Vol. 1 & 2 2xLP that's already in stores wondering when it would ship since it's sold out. I ordered this as soon as it went up wayyyy before they sent it to stores. Somehow during the chat this got cancelled and their grammar and communication is so awful in the chat that I don't think they understood anything I was trying to communicate. To top it off I just sold my Vol. 1 since I was expecting this. Way to go, idiots. I'm also waiting on the Boy Pablo pre-order that's been in stores since the release and that's nowhere to be seen either.

2 hours ago, N8TRU said:

Alright so their customer service is totally worthless. I asked about my Kim Petras Turn off the lights Vol. 1 & 2 2xLP that's already in stores wondering when it would ship since it's sold out. I ordered this as soon as it went up wayyyy before they sent it to stores. Somehow during the chat this got cancelled and their grammar and communication is so awful in the chat that I don't think they understood anything I was trying to communicate. To top it off I just sold my Vol. 1 since I was expecting this. Way to go, idiots. I'm also waiting on the Boy Pablo pre-order that's been in stores since the release and that's nowhere to be seen either.

I’m also waiting on mine, It says it won’t ship until late November? Also I hit silver tier last month and was saving my $20 off that I had confirmed was working on vinyl, and now it doesn’t. My birthday 20% doesn’t work on vinyl, and to top it off the $5 rewards for hitting 100 points no longer work on vinyl either.

36 minutes ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

I’m also waiting on mine, It says it won’t ship until late November? Also I hit silver tier last month and was saving my $20 off that I had confirmed was working on vinyl, and now it doesn’t. My birthday 20% doesn’t work on vinyl, and to top it off the $5 rewards for hitting 100 points no longer work on vinyl either.

Something must be wrong on their end. A customer service rep on the phone told me they couldn't see stock of this record in stores, but my friend just saw it in a store yesterday. I've had this and Boy Pablo pend on my credit card but never process and fall off. I have a feeling something's wrong with their system they're using and maybe more will go online at a later date but since they marked my one order as cancelled they screwed me over to the point it can't be reversed. Problems all around. If I can't get a friend to pick up Kim Petras I'm going to hope more stock goes up later. It seems like pre-ordering from UO is a bad idea right now. And go figure I had free shipping coupons for both of these.

Another issue worth mentioning: when my friend bought his copy in the Denver CO store, they couldn't even get it to scan at the register.

Edited by N8TRU

4 hours ago, Michaelgetsboss said:

this sucks cuz  was to get something and use my rewards on it but i can't. but earlier this year rewards still worked so i wonder what changed from spring to now with vinyl not get any discounts 

I used a 5 dollar reward on 2 records last week too. But today I went to their site, spun the wheel (woohoo!) and got a 15% discount but all vinyl says not eligible for discount. And sure enough adding 1 to my cart and no discount. 

I have a big $50 of off $150 coupon for hitting gold this year I've been trying to save up to use. They better let me use it on anything...

Edited by BeardedSteven

10 minutes ago, BeardedSteven said:

I used a 5 dollar reward on 2 records last week too. But today I went to their site, spun the wheel (woohoo!) and got a 15% discount but all vinyl says not eligible for discount. And sure enough adding 1 to my cart and no discount. 

I have a big $50 of off $150 coupon for hitting gold this year I've been trying to save up to use. They better let me use it on anything...

Nope... I added $150 of vinyl to my cart just to check and it wouldn't let me use my big reward. They suck... 

12 minutes ago, BeardedSteven said:

Nope... I added $150 of vinyl to my cart just to check and it wouldn't let me use my big reward. They suck... 

Mine just expired a few days ago but the same thing happened to me. I was waiting all year to use it and it wouldn't even work on things I wanted so it expired without using it.

• 2 weeks later...

Billie Eilish - "Everything I Wanted" 12" single with an etched b side. This seems waaayy more appealing than the flexi disc with the song on it, and it'll be really nice to have that cover art full sized since its such a nice painting. 

[url=https://ibb.co/QXpZtGR][img]https://i.ibb.co/GFnXNjL/billie.png[/img][/url]

https://www.urbanoutfitters.com/shop/uo-exclusive-singles-day-limited-lp-6?category=vinyl-records-cassettes&color=072&type=REGULAR&size=ONE SIZE&quantity=1

Edited by Han Solo

On 11/2/2020 at 8:20 AM, N8TRU said:

I posted back in the CRJ thread when it happened but it might be good content for this thread too, I had preordered the Dedicated Side B UO exclusive and then they sent me "My Turn" by Lil Baby, and I messaged them about it and they were like "Oh no! We'll get that taken care of for you! You'll get an email about it in the next day or two." and then I just didn't hear anything back at all, and like a week or two later I was just like "Hey uh just wanted to check on what was up with this" and they responded that they had forwarded it to their warehouse, the warehouse looked and they didn't have any more, and I guess their course of action at this point was to do nothing and, I dunno, just kind of hope I forgot about it and they could keep my money? I got a refund but the whole thing felt really weird and shitty, also looked around on Twitter and the Lil Baby thing had happened to several other people too

In the end it worked out OK because a better variant showed up somewhere else, but still, bizarre & truly bad situation and customer service

4 hours ago, obliriovrons said:

I posted back in the CRJ thread when it happened but it might be good content for this thread too, I had preordered the Dedicated Side B UO exclusive and then they sent me "My Turn" by Lil Baby, and I messaged them about it and they were like "Oh no! We'll get that taken care of for you! You'll get an email about it in the next day or two." and then I just didn't hear anything back at all, and like a week or two later I was just like "Hey uh just wanted to check on what was up with this" and they responded that they had forwarded it to their warehouse, the warehouse looked and they didn't have any more, and I guess their course of action at this point was to do nothing and, I dunno, just kind of hope I forgot about it and they could keep my money? I got a refund but the whole thing felt really weird and shitty, also looked around on Twitter and the Lil Baby thing had happened to several other people too

In the end it worked out OK because a better variant showed up somewhere else, but still, bizarre & truly bad situation and customer service

That's ridiculous... The only redeeming factor is that your bank will back you up. I'm definitely shying away from ordering from UO for a while.

6 hours ago, N8TRU said:

That's ridiculous... The only redeeming factor is that your bank will back you up. I'm definitely shying away from ordering from UO for a while.

Oh, I mean, once I brought it up again they did refund me with no issue, but it seemed like they were definitely content to let me just completely forget about it so they could keep my thirty bucks or whatever. I made it clear I was really irritated about it and that I thought it was ridiculous customer service, because it was, but also because I thought I might bitch my way into getting, like, at least a coupon or something. But they just said they'd "forward my feedback along" and then nothing, haha, oh well.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, UO Reward members get 20% off their carts automatically on "select items" today. There are still quite a number of vinyl releases that are explicitly "not eligible for discount" but at least they're all not excluded this time.

I ended up ordering the UO exclusives of Born This Way and Artpop.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, MikePortly said:

Just a warning, the Charlie Brown Christmas vinyl isn't so much clear with red/green splatter as it is clear with red/green smoke which in turn make the clear look like yellow snow.

Seems like Fantasy licenses a couple of colored variants of the same (digital-sourced) version every year.

Meanwhile, the one AAA pressing that sounds amazing keeps getting more and more expensive:
https://www.discogs.com/Vince-Guaraldi-Trio-A-Charlie-Brown-Christmas/release/6355463