Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

18 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

I mean, same thing could be said for anyone who still eats meat and diary in 2021. 🤷‍♀️

Seems strange to be on a vegan high horse while buying unrecyclable petroleum based products that also cause tons of pollution and waste.

8 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Seems strange to be on a vegan high horse while buying unrecyclable petroleum based products that also cause tons of pollution and waste.

Not on any horse, don’t feel the need to ride one. Just staying what I feel is obvious. Bringing up mute points in a society where trying to live completely waste or pollution free is non-existent, I’ve been trying

to do my part for 20 years, while still being someone who lives, works and creates in that same society that’s never going to be fully realized. I never mentioned anything about my politics or what I believe in, just a comparison. But go ahead and do what you seem to do always do here.

15 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Not on any horse, don’t feel the need to ride one. Just staying what I feel is obvious. Bringing up mute points in a society where trying to live completely waste or pollution free is non-existent, I’ve been trying

to do my part for 20 years, while still being someone who lives, works and creates in that same society that’s never going to be fully realized. I never mentioned anything about my politics or what I believe in, just a comparison. But go ahead and do what you seem to do always do here.

Just pointing out what seemed like some hypocrisy. If that's "what I always do here," that doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Shame on me for expressing an opinion just like you did I guess.

Not sure why you brought up politics in any way since I only referenced veganism due to your comment and didn't say anything political. The veganism comment was of course an assumption, but a reasonable one based on what you said, and not a far leap to think being vegan would be related to trying to lessen your consumption, which you hinted at in your last comment.

I'm also not sure how my point is "mute" (the word is moot, btw) just because you can't live a fully waste free life. Obviously this hobby contributes significantly to waste and pollution and cutting it out would help you "do your part."

Anyway, you do you, bud. Sorry if I got you worked up.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

7 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

You insinuated that eating meat and dairy, or diary as you put it, is unacceptable and anyone who does is fucking stupid and a dummy. Why inject this crap into a conversation about vinyl?

12 minutes ago, MachoHommeRandallSauvage said:

Just pointing out what seemed like some hypocrisy. If that's "what I always do here," that doesn't seem like such a bad thing.

Shame on me for expressing an opinion just like you did I guess.

Not sure why you brought up politics in any way since I only referenced veganism due to your comment and didn't say anything political. The veganism comment was of course an assumption, but a reasonable one based on what you said, and not a far leap to think being vegan would be related to trying to lessen your consumption, which you hinted at in your last comment.

I'm also not sure how my point is "mute" (the word is moot, btw) just because you can't live a fully waste free life. Obviously this hobby contributes significantly to waste and pollution and by cutting it out you would help you "do your part."

Anyway, you do you, bud. Sorry if I got you worked up.

No, you just stir the pot in certain ways that lean more towards in Fox News court than most people are trying to play. Feel it’s safe you say, you like to poke, you bate. That’s fine.

My initial engagement was geared towards a comment based on anyone buying and contributing to these “novelty” pieces is a dummy. Everyone on here getting worked up about this bullshit is absurd. So I just mentioned something that actually matters and if contributed to, “you are a dummy”. If buying $20 colored vinyl with two songs on it makes ya stupid, well so does that. That’s it. Blame my fat fingers and auto correct for the fuck up spelling on that end. Although I do understand your opinion, your point is redundant. It’s fishing for something and you know what you’re doing. I mean, how does it feel to be the one on here with one of the loudest voices no one cares about? 

Anyways, keep it coming if you feel the need to. 

15 minutes ago, tipyourbartender said:

You insinuated that eating meat and dairy, or diary as you put it, is unacceptable and anyone who does is fucking stupid and a dummy. Why inject this crap into a conversation about vinyl?

Love words being put in there, that weren’t said. Good on you for the add.

But y’all are getting upset over novelty records from Urban Outfitters. Really?!? Chill the fuck out. 

38 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

No, you just stir the pot in certain ways that lean more towards in Fox News court than most people are trying to play. Feel it’s safe you say, you like to poke, you bate. That’s fine.

My initial engagement was geared towards a comment based on anyone buying and contributing to these “novelty” pieces is a dummy. Everyone on here getting worked up about this bullshit is absurd. So I just mentioned something that actually matters and if contributed to, “you are a dummy”. If buying $20 colored vinyl with two songs on it makes ya stupid, well so does that. That’s it. Blame my fat fingers and auto correct for the fuck up spelling on that end. Although I do understand your opinion, your point is redundant. It’s fishing for something and you know what you’re doing. I mean, how does it feel to be the one on here with one of the loudest voices no one cares about? 

Anyways, keep it coming if you feel the need to. 

31 minutes ago, MyEnemy said:

Love words being put in there, that weren’t said. Good on you for the add.

But y’all are getting upset over novelty records from Urban Outfitters. Really?!? Chill the fuck out. 

There is only one person who actually mentioned the novelty of these records being any kind of issue and that wasn't me.

As far as "stirring the pot" and "leaning toward Fox News" tactics (which is what it looks like you were maybe trying to say), you seem to be the main one doing that. Y'know, by bringing up non-sequiters and name calling. I'm also unsure how I'm poking or baiting by responding to you...poking and baiting, but like I said, you gotta do you I guess.

As far as being one of the "loudest voices" on here I urge you to look back in my post history over the last year or so. There isnt much I've said trying to garner any sort of attention, but apparently something I said in the past stuck with you personally, sorry if I ruffled your feathers.

Besides, (and this is pure conjecture based on most interactions I have on here, and that I've actually formed relationships with multiple people from here) I think you're likely less well liked on this forum than I am. Either way, that doesn't really matter as I'm a happy and well liked person in the real world which is the only thing that really matters.

Have a nice day, I hope you are also a happy and realized person when you're not on here.

Edit:I'm going to leave this alone at this point so the thread doesn't get locked. Best of luck.

Edited by MachoHommeRandallSauvage

6 hours ago, wellnow said:

What is going on in this thread?

Apparently people are speculating that it matters how many songs a record must have to be worth the value in which Urban Outfitters prices there plastic circles. I mean what it really comes down to is this shiny bright plastic will still hang nicely on your wall regardless of the amount of groves it had. Perhaps your a modest person and only display the spine of the record on your self (much like your book collection) and I’m also pretty sure the groves will not be visible and no one will know you spent $40 for the same song once on each side of the record. So no difference paying that price for 2 or 10 sets a groves per a record. 

21 hours ago, jhulud said:

I was going to nab the Demi Lovato one...but I've dropped off on caring for her as she has become insufferably annoying and frustrating as of late. From her bullshit "California sober" nonsense that's essentially an insult to anyone battling addiction & struggling with recovery to changing her pronouns and then back again and now her wackadoodle obsession with UFO's and saying that extraterrestrials shouldn't be called "aliens" as that's a derogatory term. What in the fuck?!?!

Oh...and can't forget when she went off the rails on her socials and blasted an independent froyo shop in CA because although they served their treats accommodating anyone with special dietary needs...she still felt that because they had sugar-free options, it was triggering to her a person recovering from an eating disorder. 

@jhulud I think it's best for people to remember that she did so much heroin she should have died. The effect that had on her brain is extreme and usually it takes 6 months of sobriety to help the brain function regularly again. In her case, she may never get back to what is considered healthy brain activity and functionality. I agree she's had some ridiculous moments but I know if I was in her shoes I'd probably be in the middle of some wild antics as well.

And what @scottheisel said, major labels really should do their own production. It'd possibly save them money in the long run and they wouldn't have to wait as long in between releases. Of course the small labels need that to happen the most. Outsourcing and relying on other businesses is in my opinion the primary reason we have these "shortages." Meanwhile Google made their own Tensor chip and there's no shortage but god forbid a major label or corporation think for once.

20 hours ago, hookups96 said:

Apparently people are speculating that it matters how many songs a record must have to be worth the value in which Urban Outfitters prices there plastic circles. I mean what it really comes down to is this shiny bright plastic will still hang nicely on your wall regardless of the amount of groves it had. Perhaps your a modest person and only display the spine of the record on your self (much like your book collection) and I’m also pretty sure the groves will not be visible and no one will know you spent $40 for the same song once on each side of the record. So no difference paying that price for 2 or 10 sets a groves per a record. 

We should get a VC fund together, buy all the equipment and a warehouse, and just get into the diy business. Let's do it! Let's start making computer chips! 

6 hours ago, Buffbloom said:

We should get a VC fund together, buy all the equipment and a warehouse, and just get into the diy business. Let's do it! Let's start making computer chips! 

VC Co-Op 2.0!!!  Limited craft beer tours to those who sign up early. 

On 11/12/2021 at 7:27 AM, fartsandwich said:

Man I came to post about how they sent me a used copy of Incredibad and I said something to customer service about it and they just gave me my money back and told me to keep the record. Didn’t expect this dumpster fire of an argument going on

That's the best outcome I've ever heard from UO customer service. You got lucky!

I ordered a record that looked like it was put through a shredder in transit. Chatted with customer service about getting a replacement for nearly two month. They finally sent me a return label, then returned the record instead of replacing it. Now it's sold out and goes for $140+. 

• 2 weeks later...