Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I ordered the two Aly & AJ records during that sale they were running. Damn records arrived today in a UO shopping bag. Not even an LP mailer. A plastic bag they used as an envelope with zero padding. Needless to say some damage...corner bumps and messed up spines. And when I unflapped the bag to open it, there was moisture inside. So it got wet at some point. But it didn't get into the bag itself and the records are OK. 

I know it probably got sent from one of their stores that had the two in stock and on hand. But geez. Last time this happened was when I ordered Dua Lipa's first record. Packed in a bag. 

Yeah, that's ridiculous and kind of sad anyone would think it's cool to send like that. It's crazy how random records are shipped from the majority of retailers the last few years.. The last record I got from UO was shipped horribly and it got to me with 3" seam splits on both ends and creases all over as well as the record being warped af.. It was comically bad.

Fast forward to today and I just received a preorder from them that is one of the finest packed records from any store period.. In an oversized tough box and inside was a proper lp mailer with thick bubble wrap around it. 

I got the first record i've bought from Amazon in quite awhile sitting in my mailbox right now as well so i'm hoping the good luck continues onto that one 😬

6 minutes ago, hype said:

Fast forward to today and I just received a preorder from them that is one of the finest packed records from any store period.. In an oversized tough box and inside was a proper lp mailer with thick bubble wrap around it. 

Every order from UO order since the Dua Lipa til today has been like this. Record in LP mailer in bubble wrap put in a larger box. I'm guessing that any records ordered as soon as they're up on the site and pre-orders, get sent from their central warehouse location. If you order anything that has already gone past its release date and lingered...it's a gamble and likely gets sent out from whichever store still has it in stock. 

Yeah, that makes complete sense. It had been probably a year or so at least since my last online vinyl order with them and I think I had about 3 in a row that were damaged so I just gave up for awhile but I don't think any were pre-orders so it very well could have just been 3 store stock items that were sent with zero f**ks given.

That's good to know that at least pre-orders have a solid chance of being sent securely.