Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

Hi, I'm new to the boards.  Been a casual collector of vinyl for a few years.

Anyways, with two kids (ages 2 & 4) who are obsessed with Yo Gabba, I knew this record was a must own for me.  I bought it off UO's website ($10 for shipping! WTF?) in late December.

My 2xLP copy is a pale blue and light pink.  I've heard there are a few variations on the colors of this release... but I don't know for sure.

We listen to it all the time... its something my kids and us adults can enjoy together.  My favorite track is Biz Markee's "Pancakes & Syrup" (even though I'm not a huge hip-hop fan) and Weezer's "All My Friends Are Insects."

My boy (2.5 yo) got pink/blue. There are a couple variants out there apparently. My wife loves Pancakes and Syrup. I like Dinosaur Party. My son like the Out in Nature song. Something about the line about leaning against a tree stump gets him excited every time. 

My boy (2.5 yo) got pink/blue. There are a couple variants out there apparently. My wife loves Pancakes and Syrup. I like Dinosaur Party. My son like the Out in Nature song. Something about the line about leaning against a tree stump gets him excited every time. 

The sets I know of are green & orange, red & yellow, pink & blue.

Got my Toro y Moi record in the mail today. Came in a bigger box but there was a regular record box inside and the packaging was solid. Even had bubble wrap on the inside, thought it was going to be knocking around in there but I was impressed at how sturdy it felt. No warps on the record either and plays great.

My Toro y Moi record came in a big box, but not with a regular record box inside or bubble wrap.  It was wrapped in paper and had enough cushioning not to get damaged though so I'm not complaining.  Was surprised it got here so fast.  I ordered it Monday evening, and it was on my doorstep Wednesday early afternoon.  Not sure if its a Southern California thing, as opposed to Texas, but my orders take an insane amount of time to get here and are even sometimes delivered to my neighbors, so I was happy it was here so fast.  

Well thought it was perfect but my Toro record has a divot line on the last half of one song. Just a tiny "tck..tck..tck..tck" until the end of the song but it's a visible line either way...bummer..

Your LP shipped with a free prepaid return label. Contact them and they'll send out a replacement free right away.

Just got my Toro record. Holy shit is this packaging beautiful. Really thick jacket, the album cover is actually part of the sleeve that holds the A/B side and fits inside like a picture frame. records feel pretty heavy. haven't listened yet but this is one of the best overall products I've gotten packaging wise.

Sort of like Hot Topic, a small selection of stuff, typically heavily weighted to their target demographic with a smattering of exclusively licensed colorways.

So, sometimes you can find some neat stuff, but in the Boston area UO's you'll find like 25 copies of Mumford, 15 copies of Lana Del Ray and a Bob Marley LP.

When I went to the baltimore one a while back they had a ton of really good stuff. Youth Lagoon exclusive, M83, Bon Iver exclusive, tons of other stuff. The one that opened near me is brand new so I hope they start getting a wider selection soon. although my area sucks so probably not.

I went to two UOs and didn't see it in either. Someone above said that a manager mentioned that it was an online exclusive.  Keep in mind though that if you order it from the store you get free shipping and it ships ridiculously fast.  

Edit: if you order it from a brick and mortar store, that is

That thing is pretty much everywhere. If you can't find it my UO had multiple copies left, give me a shout. 

Thanks for the offer, but I found it on my first try. Interesting to note that it seems there are variants or a second pressing of it. All the copies I've seen were red-orange and green, but mine is pink and blue. Good times.