Urban Outfitters Exclusive Vinyl & Sale Discussion

Man, I had no intention of downloading that Urban On app, but the new Passion Pit album for $10 shipped was too good to resist.

Also, a new UO is opening right down the street from where I work. Whether or not their vinyl section will be any kind of decent is up for debate, since it's a relatively small town BUT they're literally three doors down from Wuxtry Records, which is consistently in Top 10 Record Stores lists. We'll just have to see once they're open for business.

Guest s0uthard

Stopped in my local UO today. Sadly, I didn't find any good deals. Also, since I was there maybe 2 months ago, they have downsized the record section from being prominently in the front of the store and at least 5 shelves down to 2 and a half that are now hidden in the back.

I wonder if sales are not what they hoped for?

Stopped in my local UO today. Sadly, I didn't find any good deals. Also, since I was there maybe 2 months ago, they have downsized the record section from being prominently in the front of the store and at least 5 shelves down to 2 and a half that are now hidden in the back.

I wonder if sales are not what they hoped for?

They're moving to tapes: the future format!

• 1 month later...

Has anyone bought a turntable from UO before? I have a 40% discount there that would make the $500 Music Hall MMF-2.2 only $300, but I've heard they don't package records well when they ship them and I'm a little worried about buying something this expensive from them. Would I still have the 1 year warranty from Music Hall if I purchase through UO?

Has anyone bought a turntable from UO before? I have a 40% discount there that would make the $500 Music Hall MMF-2.2 only $300, but I've heard they don't package records well when they ship them and I'm a little worried about buying something this expensive from them. Would I still have the 1 year warranty from Music Hall if I purchase through UO?

sometimes the records are shipped from stores and those store managers don't know how to ship stuff. i've ordered records a couple times from UO and they were shipped well. regardless, if it was damaged in shipment, i'm sure you could return it like everything else. 

UO has an incredible return / exchange program. It's easy, free, and BS free. They even include a prepaid return label on the invoice / receipt. If it ships from their warehouse you'll be fine. I doubt they carry these in store. The issue with vinyl in bags comes from when an item is OOS in the warehouse, the order is the fulfilled by stores and by associates who don't have a clue about vinyl. I say go for it. Get some wax with that discount code too!

Unless you just particularly want to buy from UO/use your discount, you can buy the same table from Music Direct for $299. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7298-music-hall-mmf-22-turntable.aspx

I'm an employee at UO and I did the same exact thing. I had no problems with it. It arrived on time and packaged perfectly. Like others have said the return and exchange system is very well done. You shouldn't have any problems.

sometimes the records are shipped from stores and those store managers don't know how to ship stuff. i've ordered records a couple times from UO and they were shipped well. regardless, if it was damaged in shipment, i'm sure you could return it like everything else. 

UO has an incredible return / exchange program. It's easy, free, and BS free. They even include a prepaid return label on the invoice / receipt. If it ships from their warehouse you'll be fine. I doubt they carry these in store. The issue with vinyl in bags comes from when an item is OOS in the warehouse, the order is the fulfilled by stores and by associates who don't have a clue about vinyl. I say go for it. Get some wax with that discount code too!

Unless you just particularly want to buy from UO/use your discount, you can buy the same table from Music Direct for $299. http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7298-music-hall-mmf-22-turntable.aspx

I'm an employee at UO and I did the same exact thing. I had no problems with it. It arrived on time and packaged perfectly. Like others have said the return and exchange system is very well done. You shouldn't have any problems.

Awesome, thanks for the reassurances (I think that's a word...haha) guys! And thanks for the link ksuwdboots! UO didn't have it in black so I think I'm going to grab it from Music Direct since it's the same price.

Awesome, thanks for the reassurances (I think that's a word...haha) guys! And thanks for the link ksuwdboots! UO didn't have it in black so I think I'm going to grab it from Music Direct since it's the same price.

Rho

If you can wait a few days I am betting music direct will have a Columbus Day sale. They usually offer 10% off around all of the holidays.

Rho

If you can wait a few days I am betting music direct will have a Columbus Day sale. They usually offer 10% off around all of the holidays.

Awesome, I'll definitely wait and see. Thanks for the heads up!

Except that turntable is marked down $150. Is it worth the gamble assuming that is a permanent mark down?

• 4 weeks later...