Portugal The Man - The Majestic Majesty LP and Coupon Code

Ugh I wonder if this has anything to do with not having a center label I know someone mentioned that can affect sound sometimes.

It was unbearable to me and the only reason I continued to listen to this was to see if the rest of the record was like this.

I think I might ask for a refund as well and i'm not paying a stupid fucking re-stocking fee either.

I'm almost finished with side A and this pressing sounds like shit I really hope this is just a random occurrence.

I'm gonna clean the lp after this but there is a ton of surface noise and just really muddy sounding.

edit: side B wasn't any better

I agree. Side A sounds really crappy, and Side B was only ever so slightly better. (Maybe I was just more used to the shitty sound by then.) I even checked the needle because I thought their might be a fuzz ball on it.

I like the packaging and a lot of the songs, but am disappointed. Why would they let something that sounds like this be pressed?

I agree. Side A sounds really crappy, and Side B was only ever so slightly better. (Maybe I was just more used to the shitty sound by then.) I even checked the needle because I thought their might be a fuzz ball on it.

I like the packaging and a lot of the songs, but am disappointed. Why would they let something that sounds like this be pressed?

I noticed that on side b also the first two songs seemed to be slightly better like you said and then returned to the shitshow

this is a fucking joke. just listened for the first time. how could they sell something like that. I mean test pressings? Popping one of them on the old TT before shipping them? anything. I get the stripped down packaging and lack of center label, fits the stripped down arrangement. but shitty lightweight vinyl with sound that feels like it was mixed by a three year old? i mean it's not just a bad mix, shit distorts! there's maybe three instruments, how do you fuck things up that badly? has anyone ever dealt with merchnow/evr returns? is it worth it?

Finally got to listen to this last night. To me it doesn't sound like just noise, it's more like distortion and noise. The vocals sound as if they're breaking up and you can also hear crackle during the quiet parts. Someone must have had the needles pinned the whole time. Unlistenable. Someone will have to make this right.