The Newsroom

The last episode definitely made me feel like the Genoa story arc was worth putting up with for so long.  I am bummed they're only doing 9 episodes for some reason.  I hope it comes back for a 3rd season, which it should.  HBO is pretty committed to their shows, even if they aren't bringing in tons of viewers.

her character's appearance was pretty much necessary. after the involvement she had last season, it would be nuts if she was absent here.

plus it was awesome the way sorkin was able to tear apart the validity of the story in so many different ways. it wasn't just dantana tampering with video. it was maggie revealing that she wasn't in the room. mac asking leading questions without even realizing it. charlie getting fucked by his shitbag source. and will just being will.

• 4 months later...

I'm fine with this series ending, especially if something else Sorkin is in the works.

He's working on a Steve Jobs biopic, which doesn't really appeal to me (but I'll probably watch due to Sorkin).  The renewal and cancellation news is pretty bitter sweet.  I didn't like the way the last season ended, but I really dig the show overall.  One more season is better than none.

• 10 months later...