insurance on vinyl.

Do not count on renters insurance covering a very big collection, insurance companies are shady. I called and asked if they covered it when I set up my policy and they said yes anything in the apartment...I made a list of everything over 20 bucks and submitted it and then was told that extensive collections like mine are not covered and I would need a policy for that on top of my renters insurance. 

Do not count on renters insurance covering a very big collection, insurance companies are shady. I called and asked if they covered it when I set up my policy and they said yes anything in the apartment...I made a list of everything over 20 bucks and submitted it and then was told that extensive collections like mine are not covered and I would need a policy for that on top of my renters insurance. 

I'll just assume you didn't read any of the other posts.

I didn't read through everything. Have them appraised by a record shop and get a rider on your home owners or renters for the specific albums that you want covered.

i wonder if they would do this?  after talking with my buddy i'm pretty sure they wouldn't go with the market value but more of the going rate a record would sell for.  so a flat 5 dollars for 7" and 10 dollars for 12"(maybe back in 1998) and so on.  since it's considered a collectable they won't take the rate of some douche bag buying something for a way inflated price.

i think my adjuster was just lazy and didn't want to write down all the albums that were damaged in the flood.