Coheed & Cambria--The Afterman: Ascension Vol. 1 10/9/12

Coheed and Cambria announced their new album today on their website with a 2001-esqe video. The Afterman Ascenion Volume 1 is out 10/9/12 and Volume 2 is out in February 2013. On their website, they do mention that if you sign up for their mailing list, you can get details on the "limited deluxe edition"....

With this launching almost 2 months from now, we should hear about a pre-order soon....just wanted to get the thread started and give everyone a heads up, if they want to get on the mailing list.

"A deluxe version of the ‘The Afterman’ will include a hardcover coffee-table book with expansive art by Heidi Taillefer and Nathan Spoor with collaborative written work from singer/creator Claudio Sanchez and writer Peter David that will create a song by song experience. David previously worked with Sanchez on the prose novel adaptation of the band’s 2010 album “Year of the Black Rainbow,” and the graphic novel adaptation of their 2003 album “In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3 (which reached #4 on the New York Times Bestsellers list for graphic novels earlier this year).” All the band’s titles, including ‘The Afterman,’ fall into a grand sci-fi story arc called ‘The Amory Wars.”

About The Afterman: Sirius Amory, the most celebrated astronomer/scientist in the alternate universe of Heaven’s Fence is ‘‘The Afterman.’ Sirius (pronounced “Sy-ruhss”) is credited with the discovery of the energy force (known as The Keywork) that binds the 78 planets of these worlds together. He embarks on the greatest discovery of his existence, and possibly mankind’s. By doing so, what is truly most important to him begins to slip right through his fingers."

Read more: http://theaudioperv.com/2012/07/31/coheed-and-cambria-announce-new-double-concept-album-the-afterman/#ixzz22EfRV5Pq

Yeah, I'd assume there'd be a vinyl release, but I'm sure people said that with From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness too. Haha. Either way, I'm super excited for this album. Saw them live back in May. Such an amazing show. If the song they did for Arkham City and their cover of Somebody I Used to Know is any indication, I think this album will be better. I think they were trying something new with Year of the Black Rainbow, and it didn't work like they hoped. The super epic ultimate edition sounds pretty badass, but pretty expensive.

There was a thread awhile back where someone said that this was going to be pressed along with a repress of IKSSE.

I think Travis said that HT talked with Columbia and they said someone else was already planning on doing it. My memory could be totally wrong, but that's what I believe it was.

i liked YOBR for the most part and am excited to see how the original drummer shapes their sound now that he is back with the band. Excited for this.

Hopefully the alleged deluxe edition is just the album (CD or vinyl) and the coffeetable book. I don't need any extra added-on useless shit like has been the trend as of late w/ deluxe super duper limited editions of releases...

No, I don't need a Coheed whistle

No, I don't need a Coheed yo-yo

No, I don't need Coheed dogtags

No, I don't need a shitty-design Coheed t-shirt

No, I don't need a lock of Claudio's hair with a signed Instagram print of him cutting it

No, no, no, no...

/rant

Hopefully the alleged deluxe edition is just the album (CD or vinyl) and the coffeetable book. I don't need any extra added-on useless shit like has been the trend as of late w/ deluxe super duper limited editions of releases...

No, I don't need a lock of Claudio's hair with a signed Instagram print of him cutting it

No, no, no, no...

/rant

I definitely agree. YOBR deluxe was with a book, 2 bonus tracks, and early access card for their shows. If they stick with that same style I'd be down.

No, no, no, no...

/rant

Would not surprise me to see a single one of those available at some point. And also immediately sell out.

kinda like what hipster said, i haven't been the biggest fan of the stuff that theyve put out post IKS, but i keep buying it, listening to it, and trying to figure out the story.

i'm still impressed by their musicianship, but they don't have that spark that turned me onto them 10 years ago.

Honestly the album I find myself listening to the least is SSTB, I think it's because I did so much when it came out. Iks and the good apollos are definitely my favorite. Just stoked for more Coheed because the story is amazing, if you haven't read it please do, and I always come around to the music just like yotbr