Snoop Lion?

"Rap is not a challenge to me," Snoop said Monday night at a press event in New York City, according to the Huffington Post.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f*** with me in rap," he went on. "I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

He sounds pretentious as fuck.

"Rap is not a challenge to me," Snoop said Monday night at a press event in New York City, according to the Huffington Post.

"With no disrespect to other rappers, but they can't f*** with me in rap," he went on. "I've won every accolade you can get in rap, they call me 'Uncle Snoop' in rap. When you're an uncle, it's time to find something new ... I want to feel like a kid again."

yeah man.. who the f*** says accolade?

Well, Cat Stevens changed his name, religion, and sound in the 70s and has stuck with it. Though there was that period where Snoop was all 'I don't smoke weed an fuck bitches', and then approximately three minutes passes and he was all 'oh yeah, I'm snoop, I should probably smoke some weed and maybe fuck a bitch or two, you know, just to be safe.'. So I'm not sure if this will stick or it'll be like every 19 year old that decides they're going to be a straight edge vegetarian. If that's the case, I'd give it ten days.

Agreed. He said he was the "reincarnation of Bob Marley". Really? Cause his new stuff better be pretty damn good if he's going to make that kind of a statement.

At the same time, I do respect the statement he made about wanting to make music that his kids and grandparents can enjoy.

They played the song on KROQ yesterday morning. Its not terrible...its not exactly good either though.

I didn't mind the new song either. Wasn't the best thing I've ever heard, but I think it could've been alot worse. Curious to hear the rest of the album.

have you never listened to rap/ hip hop thats what most of it is. also dude hasn't made a good full length since doggystyle anyway

sure he was a good feature here & there. it' just him making a buck

an artist whos been irrelevant for over a decade (sexual eruption being the glaring exception) getting into a genre thats been irrelevant for half a century. yeah, this should be awesome!

Well, Cat Stevens changed his name, religion, and sound in the 70s and has stuck with it. Though there was that period where Snoop was all 'I don't smoke weed an fuck bitches', and then approximately three minutes passes and he was all 'oh yeah, I'm snoop, I should probably smoke some weed and maybe fuck a bitch or two, you know, just to be safe.'. So I'm not sure if this will stick or it'll be like every 19 year old that decides they're going to be a straight edge vegetarian. If that's the case, I'd give it ten days.

Dude, what if he goes veg and edge too??!!