R.I.P Tony Sly

That's a great article, totally resonates. Being 33 I know exactly what the writer means. I've gone back to the Tony Sly & NUFAN records more than the other bands in that article over the years. There just always seemed to be something worth listening to and worth remembering and returning to in his writing.

I will truly miss his talent and it deeply saddens me that we will not hear anything new from him or get to be inspired and moved by watching him on stage again.

Thoughts and best wishes to his friends and family. I hope the knowledge of how much he and his music meant to people soothes them some.

Yellowcard came out at Warped yesterday in homemade No Use For A Name shirts and covered "Chasing Rainbows" with Alex from All Time Low:

At first, it was odd to me that of all the bands that could have covered NUFAN songs yesterday Yellowcard did. Then I remembered that first time I saw them in like 2000, Yellowcard was one of the openers.

http://www.facebook.com/notes/belis-aksoy/tony-sly-memorial-fund/10151347942217516

"Losing our beloved Anthony Sly is a nightmare... For those who wants to help financially, we have set up a fund that will 100% benefit his two beautiful daughters.

Here is the Info:

Wells Fargo Bank

Account Name: Tony Sly Memorial Fund

Account # 7197059004

Donations can be made at a Wells Fargo Branch using that account name or number. If you are already a Wells Fargo customer you can transfer funds by just using that same account number.

God bless all of you for your beautiful thoughts and prayers."

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...