Alexisonfire farewell tour

from AOF's facebook:

if you missed our Farewell Tour stop in Sydney, Australia @ the Horden Pavillion - you're in luck. Moshcam came out and filmed the show. you can watch it here:

http://bit.ly/UKLEBT

and....noticed a few comments about the final shows: did we film them? are we putting out a DVD? the answer to both is YES! we filmed the final Toronto and Hamilton shows. Dine Alone plans on releasing a DVD. we'll let you know more when we know more.

• 8 months later...

Well no ones posted on this forum for months so I figured maybe somebody knew something I didn't. But to my knowledge, last fall they announced the set to be released and more details by the first the the year, then nothing. But your totally right... I'm definitly a deuche for wondering if anyone knew anything about my favorite bands mythical box set.

Well no ones posted on this forum for months so I figured maybe somebody knew something I didn't. But to my knowledge, last fall they announced the set to be released and more details by the first the the year, then nothing. But your totally right... I'm definitly a deuche for wondering if anyone knew anything about my favorite bands mythical box set.

No but you are a douche for posting this. 

So the box set isn't happening ...

Maybe if you posted is it still happening? deagor wouldnt have responded in such a snark but as it stands you completely deserved it

No but you are a douche for posting this. 

Maybe if you posted is it still happening? deagor wouldnt have responded in such a snark but as it stands you completely deserved it

*Daegor ;)

Also, my response totally was a douchey sarcastic comment.  buttercup24, if you do a bit of searching, you'll see there has been a lot of talk regarding this set, including from Justin, who works at Dine Alone.  It's been delayed for numerous reasons, there are/were various entities who held the rights to art/music that where not the band/Dine Alone.  Given that the band members themselves are big vinyl fans there has been a lot of care and work put into this release.  There are rumours that part of the delay is due to a final tour DVD that is being produced.

Patience, it will be announced when it's ready, it's definitely still happening.  It angers board members when these threads are bumped with no news, it gives us all mini-strokes.  We are all just an anxious as you to get our hands on it.

Well I'm sorry I haven't seen those delays talked about? Was it on this thread? I swear I've re read this thread numerous times but maybe somehow I skipped over it. I don't mean to have poor forum etiquette, and get anyone's hopes up. I'm just the guy trying to get in the loop because I would lose my mind if I missed out in this set. Like most I got into vinyl a bit late and now I'm trying to play catch up on records I just flat out cannot afford.

Also i apologize for my rude 2nd post. Might have to do with it being cold as balls up here in the arctic circle.

While this is bumped I'll ask a question that I could probably answer myself if I wasn't too lazy to read all 20 pages: Will there be stand alone represses or is it just "Go Boxset, or Go Home."  I have a huge soft spot and a lot of nostalgia for their S/T but never got into anything else. I liked a few songs on Watch Out! and Crisis, just not enough to shell out for them.

As far as we all know it will be only the boxset (as a whole and nothing else) and the DVD! As soon as it is announced with a date and specific information (pressing info and so on..) some will probably try to sell their original presses, try to snag one there! Will be cheaper than the whole set I guess ;)!

And now lay the baby to sleep again until the mighty DA comes and wakes it right in time!

• 5 weeks later...