PO: Metz - Metz (Sub Pop)

Boring polemic...Fuck them because they have up records they don't have like they have....

Don't annoy me about ebay shit, because i started to buy vinyl in 1987 and i never sold stuff on ebay to make money...NEVER....And i will never do....

I live in center/south of the fucking Italy and i can't see live 99% of the band i like and often i buy cds of small bands of my area(that for the most part i don't really like) to support them if they are cool guys only....

Permanent Records is a physical retail store in Chicago. METZ played an in-store show there last week, which is how they probably got these copies in the first place. They have an online store, but much like Reckless (www.reckless.com), people come into the store and buy things and hey, those people get priority. My guess is that somebody beat you to the punch by leaving their house and going to an actual record store to buy it. I know it's rare in the year 2012, but it happens. You can't expect them to police their online inventory so that when 10 people who didn't give a shit about the rare version of this record for however long the pre-order was up suddenly buy it at the same time (likely just to flip anyway...) they INSTANTLY run out onto the floor and take all of the copies out. My guess is they do it end of day. No reason to get all butt hurt because they didn't set the exact correct number in their inventory.

Solution: order the regular version of the album or go see the band play live and buy it from them.

Trying to sell records you don't have is pretty lame, so I'm not sure why you are defending the online store. Paypal has an inventory system for free, so there's really no excuse.

They aren't trying to sell something they don't have. They had it but their physical stock doesn't get updated at the same time as what they have online, this is nothing new for stores that are actual stores and also sell online.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Holy shit, that video got me psyched.

Semi-related to the thread's original topic, I actually sold my Loser Edition copy of the first album like three months after I got it, and regretted it immediately. Then, a few months after that, a mint condition copy (including the 7" and the sticker) showed up in my local shop's used bin for $12. Needless to say, I was very excited.