PO: Helmet Back on Black import releases 180g/color

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My Betty and Aftertaste came in today...Betty is gray and Aftertaste is orange.

I had the original gatefold Betty two 10", but wanted this one too..

I was supposed to get mine on the 3rd but the storm kind of messed that up. Hopefully it shows today - I also have the 2x10" but have always wanted a proper LP copy. The color is a nice bonus!

My 'Betty' finally showed up today. I'm glad I didn't go with 'Aftertaste' as well - I have it on black but the orange reissue was more appealing than trying to find an original orange - the cover is pretty bad. Looks like a scan of the CD booklet blown up. Heavy pixelation and really washed out colors.

That said, the gatefold is a nice touch - was the EU LP a gatefold? - and the gray vinyl, while not the color I would have gone with, is pretty. Excited to finally have this one on a single LP but I guess for aesthetics I'll still have to track down an original. (Unless the original's sleeve is similarly washed out then nevermind.)

Soundstagedirect has all four for $24.99 a piece - I'd strongly suggest putting that money towards an ORG 'Meantime' or 'Strap It On' if you were thinking about those two, they're much nicer than these reissues are bound to be.

• 1 year later...