Muse The 2nd Law Deluxe Box Pre-Order

Muse just released the pre-order for the deluxe box for the 2nd Law:

http://muse.warnerbr...l/s_hp/oth/us/0

Price is $93.50 (shipping included)

• The 2nd Law – Deluxe Box Set
    • Including box with liquid crystal thermal reactive lid, box set only CD/DVD, 2-LPs, and 3 exclusive 12” art prints

[*]The 2nd Law – HD Digital Album Download

[*]Immediate download of The 2nd Law: Unsustainableexclusive video

[*]Plus The 2nd Law: Isolated System video on day of release

[*]Includes FREE shipping

More details:

The 2nd Law – Deluxe Box Set

Includes FREE shipping

Deluxe 12 x 12" box set featuring a thermal reactive, colour changing lid which uses printed liquid crystal ink, plus box set only artwork. The box set contains a CD/DVD format of The 2nd Law housed in a special 7" sized 24 page bookpack featuring artwork exclusive to the box set. The box set also contains 2 heavyweight vinyl records housed in individual sleeves with bespoke artwork and 3 box set only 12” prints featuring art only available in this package.

Finally, Muse.mu customers purchasing the box set will also receive the HD Digital audio files (FLAC 24bit 96khz), which will be available to download on release date.*

Pre-order from muse.mu and receive The 2nd Law: Unsustainable video NOW, plus The 2nd Law: Isolated System video on day of release.

Contents

- 12 x 12 " box with liquid crystal thermal reactive lid **

- Box Set only CD/DVD: 7” book pack format including exclusive artwork, The 2nd Law on CD and DVD featuring Making Of The Album + bonus content.

- Box Set only vinyl: 2 x heavyweight vinyl in individual sleeves derived from sustainable forestry with exclusive artwork.

- Box Set only prints: 3 x exclusive 12" art prints

* muse.mu exclusive

** Please note that the ink used for the box lid can lose reactivity with prolonged exposed to temperatures above 70 degrees C or below -20 degrees C or when left in direct sunlight.

• 1 month later...

Cool sounding box set but I have very little hope I will enjoy this album and I actually was one of the few who enjoyed their last effort. This Resistance was not their best but liked it more than some of their albums. The 2nd Law is shaping up to just sound bad from what I have heard.

Ditto. Haven't cared enough to listen to it.

Ditto. Haven't cared enough to listen to it.

The singles sounded awful. At least the last album while different sounded good at what they were trying to do. Their new stuff is either boring or so heavy on electronics (one even having dubstep) that the album does not even seem appealing. The theme does not even really seem to be as interesting as previous work.

• 2 weeks later...

This album ended up being way better then I was expecting. I'm not a huge fan of Muse so idk if people are gonna be like "oh they dropped their old sound" but I thought it was a pretty solid record. That being said, Survival is awful, and my least favorite songs are the singles they released. Might pick it up if theres one cheaper then $25.99

The box set is cool and the album s alright but it is their worst release yet so if it is on sale I may get it but not holding my breath. Album has a lot of good songs but the record itself has no direction. It was just everywhere and for a concept album it did not even really tell a story till the end. The Resistance got tons of hate but told its story very well. Still, I do think the album is pretty good overall. Songs like Survival and Madness do nothing for me but the rest of the album is pretty much solid. The last 2 songs are no Exogenesis or Knights but it was a lot better than I expected after hearing singles.

This album is incredible. These guys are all over the place on this thing! It goes from solid riff-driven rock to electronica meets Queen to basically an 80s disco-vibe track and continues on in the same random manner throughout the whole record. Love it.

Consistently one of my favorite bands and this is no exception!

Also, can we talk about how great that Supremacy riff is?

This album is incredible. These guys are all over the place on this thing! It goes from solid riff-driven rock to electronica meets Queen to basically an 80s disco-vibe track and continues on in the same random manner throughout the whole record. Love it.

Consistently one of my favorite bands and this is no exception!

Also, can we talk about how great that Supremacy riff is?

I'm obsessed with Supremacy!!!

This is definitely their worst album by far. The all over the place factor makes it sound less like variety and more like just throwing ideas against a window and seeing what will stick. The bassist's tracks aren't so bad, but his songs almost feel out of place next to Matt's ridiculous compositions. That Survival song still makes me cringe and the fact that there's TWO dubtstep like tracks is awful.

They were one of my favorite bands at one point, so this is heartbreaking.

This is definitely their worst album by far. The all over the place factor makes it sound less like variety and more like just throwing ideas against a window and seeing what will stick. The bassist's tracks aren't so bad, but his songs almost feel out of place next to Matt's ridiculous compositions. That Survival song still makes me cringe and the fact that there's TWO dubtstep like tracks is awful.

They were one of my favorite bands at one point, so this is heartbreaking.

Why I think there are some good songs on the album I overall agree with you. It is just a big mess of ideas and no concept is really portrayed like every previous muse album.