$150 Audiophile Turntable: This could be interesting

So I live in California and it was particularly hot today (89 degrees). When I went to play a record it was noticeably slower and took longer to get up to speed. The turntable isn't in direct sunlight either. I think the belt may have stretched a little or something?

Should it be that easy to stretch?

Honestly, it's not that hard to cue up an album manually. Practice with one you don't care about and you won't have a problem. Or you can always change out your headshell to make it easier/more comfortable for you.

Oh yeah I have no problem with that but sometimes if I leave my room while listening its nice to just lift up the arm so I can pick back up

I hardly made that May 12th ship deadline.

How long after that "week of" date should I expect it?

mine changed like 5 times but for the past month it said EWOS was March 31st. They shipped it on April 2nd, it got here April 3rd. Given, I live 2 hours away from Boston but still. 

I'd assume it was cause I changed colors. 

So, I'm almost definitely ordering this either tonight or tomorrow and I'm trying to make sure my current receiver will not provide any problems. It has a built in phono stage, but I was reading in this forum and saw something about different tables and carts requiring different power, and I have no idea when it comes to that. It's an old Pioneer VSX-453 that was free. I need to know just how shitty it is, and how urgent it is that I upgrade. Here's the info.

http://bighow.net/2441469-Pioneer_VSX_453_Receiver_Specifications.html

It's served me well, considering all I did was dust it off and plug it in. Should I upgrade ASAP? Will the Orbit work with this as-is? Amazon has a warehouse Yamaha S300 for like $230 and an S500 for &289. I'm by no means using this in a big place. It's not like I'm gonna be using it with a $1000 turntable.

Sorry to go off-topic, but my main question is if my current receiver will power the Orbit without any trouble. I know I'm not gonna be able to upgrade the receiver right now anyways, so yeah. Thanks again.

Nice - that is exactly the setup I'm going to get, other than having no clue about the differences in the cartridges. Pix please when it arrives!

Someone in this thread said that U-Turn recommended the Black1, and all the reviews online were pretty good, so I went with it. Might as well get a good one now and not have to upgrade later.

I didn't get the Q-Up. $60 was just too much... That's almost as much as my whole current setup. Of course the receiver and speakers were free.

What'd you get originally? And how long ago did you order? Some people have said they had really good experiences with changing orders and stuff.

I ordered the basic white table.

I emailed them last night asking if I could upgrade and if it would change my delivery window and they said if I paid the difference now everything would be good to go.

So, I've upgraded to the plus now.

I ordered the basic white table.

I emailed them last night asking if I could upgrade and if it would change my delivery window and they said if I paid the difference now everything would be good to go.

So, I've upgraded to the plus now.

Nice! Super stoked to get mine next month.

• 2 weeks later...

Another delay. :( Mine was supposed to ship this week and now it won't be shipping until the week of May 5th... Hopefully there won't be any other delays before then.

Bummmmmmed

I was looking forward to getting home from my trip to find my new table.

Now it wont be shipping until after I'm home.