PO: Limp Bizkit - Significant Other

On 3/18/2022 at 4:35 PM, Derek™ said:

It depends on the age restriction for the venue, I think.  But jokes aside for second, even nostalgia bands that didn’t age well can put on a great show.  My girlfriend got talked into seeing Korn some years ago and said that they genuinely killed it.

I saw Korn at Ozzfest many years after 7th grade (when I stopped listening to them) and they were very good live. Same stage: Disturbed (who I never liked, at any point) played and they sounded exactly like their recordings. Manson was great. Chevelle, who I previously "appreciated" was awful. And Ozzy was, well, old. All in all, not a bad day. 

I saw KoRn two weeks ago for the first time ever. Was a big fan when I was a kid (Follow the Leader, Issues era) but hadn't listened to them in forever. It was my first show since the pandemic started, so I really just wanted to go see a big show. They were seriously great. So was Code Orange.

I think I'm gonna go see Limp Bizkit too. 2022 is the year I knock out all the nu-metal bands I grew up with off my bucket list.

EDIT: Also seeing Slipknot for the first time in June.

Edited by erikness

I saw Limp Bizkit in 2013 in Detroit. They only played the hits. Mind you, this was not too long after Gold Cobra was released, and according to setlist.fm, they only played one track off that album at the show. My buddy talked me into going because we weren't sure we'd get another chance to see them. It was a super fun show. I recommend seeing them, even for the nostalgia value alone.

5 hours ago, TheWindBlower said:

I saw Limp Bizkit in 2013 in Detroit. They only played the hits. Mind you, this was not too long after Gold Cobra was released, and according to setlist.fm, they only played one track off that album at the show. My buddy talked me into going because we weren't sure we'd get another chance to see them. It was a super fun show. I recommend seeing them, even for the nostalgia value alone.

Also saw them in 2013 but in Moscow. Fred Durst sounds great live!

spacer.png

21 hours ago, Fowty Dollaz said:

I saw Korn at Ozzfest many years after 7th grade (when I stopped listening to them) and they were very good live. Same stage: Disturbed (who I never liked, at any point) played and they sounded exactly like their recordings. Manson was great. Chevelle, who I previously "appreciated" was awful. And Ozzy was, well, old. All in all, not a bad day. 

Ozzfest 2003, I went to that one too! I remember Korn being so good then. 

Also, I got a ticket to the upcoming LB tour in Youngstown. I never got to see them in their heyday, and I've been on a major nu-metal kick this past year, so I figured fuck it, why not

Edited by zerohacker

5 hours ago, zerohacker said:

Ozzfest 2003, I went to that one too! I remember Korn being so good then. 

Also, I got a ticket to the upcoming LB tour in Youngstown. I never got to see them in their heyday, and I've been on a major nu-metal kick this past year, so I figured fuck it, why not

They were great, and like I said, I wasn't even into them at the time. The ticket was free, so I figured it was at least a chance to see Ozzy. I'd go see LB, but I'm standing in the back. Too old for that front row shit nowadays. 

11 hours ago, rickker said:

Rode that initial LB rise to fame as an angsty teen and saw them 16 times from '97 to '00.
Fast forward and it's been 22 years since I've last seen them play live.
I bought tickets for this tour.

16 times is insane. Do you have one show that stands out as the best?

1 hour ago, Tidal Wave said:

16 times is insane. Do you have one show that stands out as the best?

Crazy to think this was all 25 years ago. Some highlights: First time seeing them was opening for Korn in '96 on the Life Is Peachy tour. Them opening for Deftones along with Will Haven in '97 was stacked killer bill. The 'Ladies Night In Cambodia' tour in '98 is probably my overall favorite - that show was an absolute blast. In '99 they were doing promo for Significant Other and were going to play on a rooftop of a local independent record store. They got shut down by the city and an impromptu first-come-first-served free show was announced 13 miles away at a 400 capacity club - that was a crazy day. The last show I saw was the Napster free show in '00 - all barriers were removed from the stage and they had a 20 foot tall chain-link fence separating them and the crowd - it went as you might imagine... They were super-accessible and would hang out and talk before and after the shows all the time. Oh, and the early Three Dollar Bill shows were really only $3 (plus $1.50 service fee) 

31 minutes ago, rickker said:

Crazy to think this was all 25 years ago. Some highlights: First time seeing them was opening for Korn in '96 on the Life Is Peachy tour. Them opening for Deftones along with Will Haven in '97 was stacked killer bill. The 'Ladies Night In Cambodia' tour in '98 is probably my overall favorite - that show was an absolute blast. In '99 they were doing promo for Significant Other and were going to play on a rooftop of a local independent record store. They got shut down by the city and an impromptu first-come-first-served free show was announced 13 miles away at a 400 capacity club - that was a crazy day. The last show I saw was the Napster free show in '00 - all barriers were removed from the stage and they had a 20 foot tall chain-link fence separating them and the crowd - it went as you might imagine... They were super-accessible and would hang out and talk before and after the shows all the time. Oh, and the early Three Dollar Bill shows were really only $3 (plus $1.50 service fee) 

That all sounds awesome 

When we saw them, Korn, Rammstein, Ice Cube, and Orgy at the 98 Family Values date in Detroit we got there VERY early (a three hour plus drive was not something we wanted to leave up to chance driving through what can be unpredictable constriction all the way across the state). Fred was messing around on a scooter in the lot pre-show and people were just hanging out shooting the shit with him. Some girl was trying to hang on him with electrical tape on her nipples, but he wasn't giving her the attention she was after so she sulked away. Some kid asked him to sign his ticket "Fred Is God" and he said "can I sign it "Fred's a Fag?". Not exactly PC, but I came away from the whole experience thinking he was a pretty cool down to earth dude despite how huge they were at the time. I don't think I ever bothered much with anything post-Significant Other, but that was such a fun night despite the fact that my tastes couldn't be more different now. Wish we'd have gotten one of the Incubus dates later in the tour, but at least I got to see them before it all went to shit with SOAD and Mr. Bungle a couple years later.

33 minutes ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

When we saw them, Korn, Rammstein, Ice Cube, and Orgy at the 98 Family Values date in Detroit we got there VERY early (a three hour plus drive was not something we wanted to leave up to chance driving through what can be unpredictable constriction all the way across the state). Fred was messing around on a scooter in the lot pre-show and people were just hanging out shooting the shit with him. Some girl was trying to hang on him with electrical tape on her nipples, but he wasn't giving her the attention she was after so she sulked away. Some kid asked him to sign his ticket "Fred Is God" and he said "can I sign it "Fred's a Fag?". Not exactly PC, but I came away from the whole experience thinking he was a pretty cool down to earth dude despite how huge they were at the time. I don't think I ever bothered much with anything post-Significant Other, but that was such a fun night despite the fact that my tastes couldn't be more different now. Wish we'd have gotten one of the Incubus dates later in the tour, but at least I got to see them before it all went to shit with SOAD and Mr. Bungle a couple years later.

Brings back memories.  I had a similar experience for FV 98 Pittsburgh waiting in line for the floor with Fred just riding a scooter, came right up to us, started BSing, super chill.  

1 hour ago, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

SOAD Mr Bungle Incubus was snocore not Family Values right? Not that it really matters except I think FV were arena shows and Snocore were mid size venues. Whatever it was… that show ruled to my shitty little teenage ass. Went to another year’s snocore and saw Glassjaw then left, didn’t particularly need to see Adema or Alien Ant Farm.

On 3/22/2022 at 8:34 AM, mameeshkamowskwoz said:

I caught the final night of that first Family Values tour on Halloween in Fairfax, VA. First concert I ever bought tickets to and it changed my life! My friends and I didn't know 'bout Incubus replacin' Ice Cube, so we had no idea who they were, but they blew our teenage minds! Then later Rammstein were arrested in the middle of their performance and killed my night as they were the whole reason I was there in the first place.

• 1 year later...

I know this swings in and out of print, but it's back in print. I ordered one on Amazon that was completely out of stock. Then I found a new copy in person at Redscroll Records. Then my Amazon order magically shipped while I slept. 

Tl;Dr - back in print. 

Anyone up the chain wanna get $3 bill in print, again!? Please and thanks.

• 4 months later...