Just had to move 800+ records...

Haha dude yeah. I moved 45 minutes away. Loaded my records into 14 x 14 boxes with padding on every side. I waited until it cooled down at night then loaded the boxes onto a U Haul with boxes full of padding surrounding them. Finally I bungied the cluster together. Pain in the ass.

Up until about 2 years ago, I seemed to move every 3 or 4 months. My collection was still young and growing, but it's always a pain. Just buy a bunch of milk crates from target and load up a truck. Having enough for a good portion of your collection is a lot better than making it work with just a handful of crates because the money you spent saves you a ton of time and frustration.

DId a four hour move about a year ago with around 850ish records. Just used some cheap milk crates and boxes and loaded them all at night. I dunno about anywhere else, but it Atlanta theres local movers that are like $69 /hr including the truck. If I move around town again, I'll definitely save my back and hang with the movers. Plus it's less then renting a box truck.

found a house worth renting today....might be moving as early as a week....will have at least a month to move again, so we'll probably do it a couple of car loads at a time just like our last move, only this move is about 20 minutes away instead of an hour + .....still just going to do it little by little, with the few boxes/milk crates I have.....so many fucking records, such a pain in the ass

We are waiting for closing information on a new house so I have been selling records on and off for the last few months. Probably sold about 200 already. Mostly on ebay, few on here recently. I have also stopped buying records almost completely until we move. I will be taking probably 2-400 records to my friends record store and selling them then just moving the rest. I will pack them but movers will be lifting them.

I'm really enjoying watching my collection slim down. I still have probably 700 7"s left and maybe 900-1000 lps left (not including stuff I have pulled out to sell) though so im not totally happy with the results just yet. I would love to get the collection down to bare bones and start fresh in the new place. There are a lot of records I like but dont listen to enough to justify sitting in an expedit.