Does Anyone Here Lift Weights?

3 hours ago, thebiglebowski said:

Joined a crossfit gym. Still think it's a bit of a ripoff (I could do everything I do there in my basement with equipment I already have) but I've reached the point in my life where fitness (and motivation for fitness) are more valuable than money. It gets me moving and breaks up the monotony of a 5x5 workout. At 30, less worried about 1RM  and focusing more on cardiovascular health.

Biggest trouble for me has been flexibility. I haven't touched my toes in probably 15 years. I'm getting close. Still have a lot of issues with wrist, lat, hip tightness that I'm working through over time. It just hadn't been a problem before given the way I lifted.

I can post the workouts here if people want (not going to do all the warmups, stretches, etc...Just the WOD). Today was:

25 cleans (95#)

25 wall balls (20#)

100m sprint

4m for the workout (start doing cleans again after you get through it once)

4m rest

Same but 20 reps

4m rest

Same but 15 reps

Scale down for women or up if you are in really awesome shape.

Dude, I just joined one as well! I was the biggest crossfit hater for so long but after meeting the coaches at the gym and looking at what they're doing, I've completely changed my mind. Having a background in lifting has really helped accelerate my progress though the on ramp portion, Hopefully I'll start actual classes next week. I have two more sessions of on ramp. I'll update as I go! Where are you going to? I'd love to see their WOD's if they have them posted. 

9 hours ago, thomasj182 said:

Dude, I just joined one as well! I was the biggest crossfit hater for so long but after meeting the coaches at the gym and looking at what they're doing, I've completely changed my mind. Having a background in lifting has really helped accelerate my progress though the on ramp portion, Hopefully I'll start actual classes next week. I have two more sessions of on ramp. I'll update as I go! Where are you going to? I'd love to see their WOD's if they have them posted. 

http://www.motorcitycrossfitscs.com/

They use the wodify app now but you can see a bunch of historical WODs on the website (WOD is Workout - of - Day for anyone reading and wondering wtf is a WOD).

On 7/7/2017 at 9:38 AM, thebiglebowski said:

http://www.motorcitycrossfitscs.com/

They use the wodify app now but you can see a bunch of historical WODs on the website (WOD is Workout - of - Day for anyone reading and wondering wtf is a WOD).

This is where I'm going, http://www.crossfitspur.com they usually post their wods on instagram. I was in portland maine this weekend and swung by Misfit crossfit it was a dope ass gym but i didn't get to work out though. Andy Hurley (fall out boy drummer) is affiliated with them. I have my last on ramp class tomorrow so I can start actual classes this weekend, I cannot wait!

Yeah it's been tough this month. A lot of hot, muggy days. Toughing through it in the summer should make everything easier in the fall.

Ours yesterday was all cardio:

2000m row

150 double unders

10 rounds of:

5 pull ups

10 push ups

15 air squats

finished in just under a half hour but I was drenched in sweat. I also suck at double unders. I always do singles and double the quantity. Otherwise I would be constantly hitting my feet.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone have/had knee tendonitis? I fought it for months. Tried rest, wraps, foam rolling, stretching, etc. These things help lessen pain but didn't fix the problem.

Got an eccentric squat board. Problem fixed in a week. Have almost 100% range of motion back in my knee. 

Just sharing for anyone who may be experiencing..

• 1 year later...

Large bump

Ive gotten heavy into lifting ovet the past 6 months or so and posted some massive gains with my numbers. Ive been going to the gym for a solid 6-10 years but only recently had i dialled everything in and started really focusing on improving my overall performance.

My New PBs are

Squat 200kgs - 440lbs

Bench 120kgs - 265lbs 

Deads 160kgs - 352lbs

Hex Deads 217.5kgs - 480lbs

Ive been running a 4/5 day split around a 4 on 4 off Night Shift schedule so its been a challenge but im getting to the gym almost everyday. I usually rotate a Chest/Shoulders Arms/Back/Leg split but also sometimes split out Arms and Shoulders into Seperate days.

My next step and focus will be Diet and Cardio and i think if i dial them in and focus on improving those my Numbers will get a bit better/Biggers. 

Hows everyone else doing? i know this is a hell long bump but thought it would be cool to get it going again