Does Anyone Here Lift Weights?

Decided to up my game this week whilst still "cutting" still & try get some more strength along with it.

First week of pyramid sets (5 sets starting at 15 then going down in 3's and upping the weight) and I'm aching more than I have done in a long time. Which is good.

Be interesting to see the outcome even 5 weeks down the line, just need to keep up on the cardio as well. Hopefully this last bit of stubborn fat will finally fuck off, it's been reducing slowly but surely!

Some equipment can definitely make you move more weight than you would otherwise be able to (knee wraps, squat suits, lifting straps, etc).

As far as I know, the padding doesn't get in your own way and is just a convenience. I lift at home alone anyways. No one to sneer at me...

Some equipment can definitely make you move more weight than you would otherwise be able to (knee wraps, squat suits, lifting straps, etc).

As far as I know, the padding doesn't get in your own way and is just a convenience. I lift at home alone anyways. No one to sneer at me...

I didn't even know this was a thing. I've heard of people frowning upon gloves, but I pride myself on my soft hands and clean finger nails haha.

I was taught to put the bar right below the traps on a squat, not on them. There are variations of the exercise, though, that slightly change the muscles used.

I only use a belt when getting near my max squat. Some people use a belt for the deadlift but I've never been able to make this work. Just feel like it gets in the way of my form when kinda scrunched up at the bottom of the lift.

How do you guys feel about consuming raw eggs?

Are you asking about salmonella? The odds of getting it are like 1 in 20,000 and if you aren't a young kid or old person, you would just feel like shit for a while but you would be fine.

I usually cook my eggs cause I think they taste better. Raw eggs are slimy and tasteless. But they are fine for protein in a rush

• 1 month later...

I cut down nearly 20lbs, then put 15 back on, now I want to cut again. I'm always undecided if I want to gain or cut. I'm naturally big, so it makes sense to put on mass, its like I was made for that shit. But, dropping weight feels nice, but losing strength does not. Fuck.

Same here man. Abs are the final goal haha. It'll have taken me over 2 years to get there from 265lbs down to 190lbs. Shit has been worth it though!

• 2 weeks later...

Not familiar, but I googled it. This seemed to be the most reputable source on the first page:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/metabolic-damage

Sounds like bunk to me. The idea has been around for about 100 years as "overtraining". Just like the animals that we evolved from, our bodies are programmed to survive through things like droughts and famine. If you do a ton of exercise and don't eat, the body does its best to preserve fat stores (fails to repair broken down muscle, standing metabolism lowers, etc...). It thinks it is facing a famine. If people want to title it something different, who cares.

It is also the reason that I don't believe in cardio for anything more than a warmup. Abs are made in the kitchen and muscle is built lifting heavy weight followed by rest.

Maybe I'm not understanding the whole picture (willing to admit I haven't read much) and things like hormonal problems definitely fall into a different class. Just my 2 cents.

Anyone know anything about "metabolic damage??"

I (very) briefly looked over it and you should check this out http://www.bioforcehrv.com/

Basically what it does is by measuring your heart rate, tells you which days you should train the hardest and when you should let up and take days off. My friend is currently using this.

So if you heart rate is right but your legs are aching you should train hard? Makes no sense to me.

3 days a week followed by eating well and rest is a pretty well accepted rule of thumb in all gyms. Not sure why there is a need to deviate from something that is proven to work but whatever people believe in.

So if you heart rate is right but your legs are aching you should train hard? Makes no sense to me.

3 days a week followed by eating well and rest is a pretty well accepted rule of thumb in all gyms. Not sure why there is a need to deviate from something that is proven to work but whatever people believe in.

If you look at that HRV thing it isn't for someone who goes to the gym 3 times a week, it's for athletes. I'm not sure if metabolic damage and that HRV thing are even remotely related or not anyway.