sandbox-wars

Hey everyone, I'm Connor and I'm pretty new on here, but I've spent the past few nights lurking through the pages for loose records to build up my relatively young collection.

Basically, you guys kick a thousand times more ass than ebay and most of the online superstores I've become familiar with these past months. Until now, those sites were really my only options to buy, with the exception of a few good finds I've been able to grab at my local small record store. But with classes starting I realize I need to find another route for buying cheaper and avoiding terrible ebay sellers (Dealing with about four at the moment who won't ship or respond to me). And so I'm here.

Mostly I just wanted to say 'Hello' to everyone and let you get a feel of where I'm coming from since I'm likely to be dealing with a lot of you in the future, as a buyer and later as a seller if I land this job at Dimple Records. I love music immensely and last February I received my first record, Danger Days, as an 18th birthday gift. I'm still working on building up a personal stereo system but I've grabbed a large number of albums since that first one and I've started playing along to them on piano and drums. I've got what I consider a pretty wide ear for music. My current list of vinyl is in my signature.

I'm looking for a lot, and this is just a quick jot down of what I've been hunting for the most. I don't expect much response, but if you do have some of these that you're looking to let go of, remember--poor college kid prices are my kind of prices. If I turn down an offer now, chances are I'll probably take a second look at it later when I have money. If you want a reference of my buying reputation you can look at my ebay account 'sandbox-wars' that has not one but TWO positive feedback. You can't beat that.

So without further adieu -

WTB:

• Paramore
  • Blink 182
  • NOFX
  • MCR - Three Cheers or any 7"s
  • Catch 22 - Keasbey Nights
  • Streetlight Manifesto - Everything Goes Numb
  • 30 Seconds to Mars
  • Lagwagon
  • Against Me!
  • Less Than Jake
  • AFI
  • The Cat Empire
  • Chiodos (Talking to a guy about All's Well, looking for BPB)
  • Atreyu
  • Dragonforce
  • Nightwish
  • Victim Effect (I don't even know if they have a record honestly)
  • Tonight Alive - Consider This
  • Goldfinger
  • Big D and the Kid's Table
  • Panic! At the Disco
  • Linkin Park
  • Sublime
  • Shinedown
  • Rise Against
  • Dropkick Murphys
  • Gorillaz
  • And video game/movie soundtracks are cool too.

Tons more. My digital library is massive, my goal is to eventually physically match it. I'm looking more for LPs at the moment than for shorter records, but all will be considered.

Once again, Hello all, thanks for looking and for being a cool congregation of audiophiles, and have a good night and great weekend. :)

Haha seriously, I've watched Three Cheers and AFI's Sing the Sorrow go for ridiculous prices on ebay, from the same sellers who release them out of their stockpile one at a time....Drives me crazy, especially since these aren't very limited compared to other presses.

But, watching Uma Thurman stab everyone in this Kill Bill marathon on G4 is pretty great. Soundtrack is phenomenal too. Gotta enjoy the little things.