Streetlight Manifesto - The Hands That Thieve

Thank you.  Am I the only one who thinks it's kind of absurd for them to ask people to not want a refund?  I totally understand they are getting screwed by Victory and need money for legal fees and whatever.  But the double album bundle I bought was $50 with shipping.  I don't have that kinda dough to just give them.  I hate to sound like a dick, and obviously I don't know the details, but they got themselves into this mess.

I really have a hard time imagining that at least a part of this battle isn't Tomas's fault and for them to ask their fans, who already supported them by paying a higher price and ordering direct from the RISC store to not want a refund is kind of ridiculous.  

No, I agree 100%. I'm kind of offended. They should have asked for donations from their fans. It's rude to make us feel guilty about wanting a refund. Yeah, you get a special item as a thank you. But they could have set it up in their store, "Donate $15 to legal fees and get a special artwork from Tomas."

We should be celebrating the end of the Victory era for this band and you have them asking if they can keep your money for legal fees. Saw this coming a mile away. I get kind of annoyed with some of the lyrics of this album:

And I don’t care if I lose
Because my heroes did too
They shouted court should be adjourned
Because the jury are fools
And the judge can’t decipher his left from his right
Or his right from his wrong
And we will bite the hand that thieves
We will not turn the other cheek
This is no threat
It is a promise we will keep
So what's the point pretending
When we sit behind the curtain
And there's nothing much to see

That's great, dude. You don't care. You swear to fight Victory to the end. All about you. Yeah, your fans hate victory and don't want to support them. We'll stand with you and order from your store instead of theirs. But it's like this battle comes first and whatever impact it has on the fans is collateral damage. We just want to support your band, not to act as some army to attack Victory with you as our general.

That said, it's still a really solid album (as expected). I'd go SITB > EGN > THTT > KN > 99S