O'Brother - Basement Window

If we went with the fold over version, I could cut it to fit snugly within the pic disc sleeve to help hold things together since those get destroyed so easily also.

Just more options. :-)

If we can come to a general consensus as to what style we want, I will mock up a few ideas for voting purposes.

I'd rather just throw the pic disc sleeve away. It's busted on all sides.

So, at this point, the majority is leaning towards MOM it seems, and the lack of input from pat (again, he's busy, I understand) makes me all the more confident to go with MOM to get this done in a timely fashion while still having cost efficency in mind.

So were going with MOM. if anybody disagrees, speak now or forever hold your peace.

Next item of business, Paypal me the funds then I can send him one lump payment, or we each individually Paypal him? Whatever you guys feel conformable with, and whatever is easiest, we can do.

Also, def not a good idea to keep the plastic. That is an option, but a shitty one at that. Like others said, I'd rather just throw mine out. Looks like were leaning away from fold overs as well.

If anybody would like to make a couple mock ups, feel free. Otherwise we can just wait for MOM to create a couple for us.

Here is a quick little mockup that I did if we were to print them on the chipboard style jackets from Dorado.  Note that we wouldn't really be able to push it to the edge because the registration on these is pretty crappy.  I would honestly do my best to see if I could get it to consistently line up on the left/bottom if we went this route because the gap bothers me...but I make no promises with it.  Of course, we could easily swap the black print for a brown or even the off-white on the OG design.

OBrother_001.jpg

Using some 140 lb stock from French Paper Co (excuse the pixelation - I stole the image from their site and tried to work it in) this would be my proposal for a fold-over front cover.  I didn't sink any time into what would go on the "back" in the instance that you all voted this idea out.  Because the registration would be much tighter on these, we could get away with a two color, which would look pretty sharp IMO.

OBrother_002.jpg

I wouldn't mind that chipboard style - to fix the alignment issue, you could try adding a black box around the design so it looks less awkward. Like this:

OBrother_001copy_zpsfd8d7331.jpg

Obviously it wouldn't have to be that thick of a line, but I did that super quick. I think that pulls it together nicely.

Also, I actually think that fold-over could be pretty cool too if you did a half or third flap on the back with just the track listing. Minimalistic seems to work well with this.

I really like the looks of the chipboard, and the foldover style would go great with this. I also think it would look good with or without the black border. Either way I'm sure this is going to be better than it is now.

Also the foldover style still allows you to see the etching which I think is what o'brother was after.

I wouldn't mind that chipboard style - to fix the alignment issue, you could try adding a black box around the design so it looks less awkward. Like this:

OBrother_001copy_zpsfd8d7331.jpg

Obviously it wouldn't have to be that thick of a line, but I did that super quick. I think that pulls it together nicely.

Also, I actually think that fold-over could be pretty cool too if you did a half or third flap on the back with just the track listing. Minimalistic seems to work well with this.

This is a good fix also. I thought of this after I posted, so I'm glad it crossed someone else's mind as well.

ok. can hobohunter turn the thread into a poll? its really easy to do and i dont see any reason to start a whole new thread for a poll.

how bout we call the deadline to get in on the list this friday, jan 25th,  23:59 in everyones respective time zones.

also, i think everything MOM has mentioned has been at the $10 quote so i dont think well need a to wait for a quote to start collecting funds.  i just need to iron out the international cost with MOM and see if we can get it lower than $17.